Hey, I've been working on getting my BB to play videos for over 2 weeks now. Reading forum after forum, with no luck. I can't view videos from any website and not sure why. So I've read that I may need to upgrade my OS to 4.5 (currently have 4.3). So, I get out the USB cord that came with the phone for the first time, and after loading Desktop manager to my PC, realized that my computer wasn't recognizing my device. So of course, I go back to forums and tried everything that I've read (updating USB drivers, uninstalling then reinstalling, installing different versions of DTM, checking the cord) and I still can't connect to my PC.

Anyone got a clue cause I sure as **** don't!
    08-24-09 02:33 PM
    What OS is your PC running? Once you've installed DM, it should recognize your Pearl and connect it automatically. The other issue could be a bad USB, or a bad port on your Pearl.
    08-25-09 05:19 AM
    Yeah. I am in the same boat... only I know why mine wont connect :/ I don't like Windows... and will not install it. Running Linux on all computers here at the house. Just totally against an OS that I have to purchase. Don't get me wrong. I did purchase 2000, but that was the last time. Free OS is a good OS. Not too hard to learn.

Now, if I could just get the software to run with WINE
    08-25-09 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD