Hey guys!

This post has two reasons - it is kind of an introduction to a newbie of BlackBerrys and CrackBerry, (that would be me). And I also want to know what applications and things you think are cool and exciting for a first time user.

Im getting my BB pearl 8110 tomorrow and was wondering what I should do with it first? I know there's going to be so many things I want to do with it, (Upgrading the OS, loading new apps and themes etc), that I wont know where to start. So what do you guys reckon? What would you recommend doing first when I get my first BB tomorrow?

(Aside from read the Manual)

Peace!
    08-20-09 07:39 AM
    Upgrade your OS. There are lots of improvements in the latest one. My favorite is the ability to use an 8GB MicroSD card. The "docs" feature and better overall performance. Other than that, just play with it.
    Come other apps I have, Viigo, Vlingo, google maps, gmail, google sync. Look for the Storm Today theme. It's pretty sweet. There are lots of free themes out there, just do a search.
    Love my 8110.
    08-20-09 08:34 AM
    Thanks Def!

Ill definitely be upgrading my OS then, will also check out some of those apps you said too. Any more ideas guys?
    08-20-09 09:05 AM
    also does anyone know what the web desktop manager does? I assume to update the OS i just need the Desktop Software and the update to 4.5.0.161, as that is what the sticky states, but I cant happen to find posts saying what the other downloads on the site do? heres the link incase youre wondering

forums.crackberry.com/f79/newest-8110-os-4-5-0-161-a-255071/

blackberry.com/Downloads...2BAA6EBC8B872D
    08-20-09 09:18 AM
    If you have the time on your hands download Plazmic Theme Builder. The latest theme builder will let you create Zen, Today, and Custom themes for any BB excluding newer models past the Storm. This way you wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to find the theme you really want. You can just make it. I've made a few myself. A really nice app for 8110 is BB Alerts. You can custom change the LED Light to set what kind of alert you want. So Blue could be for missed calls, red for new messages, and green for e-mails. There is a free version, but if you want it to last I would buy the full version. There are so many cool apps out there. I would seach around for those.
    08-20-09 09:30 AM
    I would also recommend google maps if your usually on the go, driving or walking. When I traveled up to New York this past summer it worked great for me walking through the city. Also if your a big internet user than I might also recommend downloading the Opera browser.
    08-21-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD