I brought a T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl off of E-bay. I knew it had trouble connecting to the network so I reloaded the software 4.02 but have had no luck. I have tried the battery pull reset, and tried the sim card in a different phone ( worked fine in a razr V3).
    I then manuelly searched for available networks which resulted in finding T-Moble and ATT. I connect manuelly to T-moble but received a message (911 calls only). I have been on the phone with T-Mobile blackberry desk several times but they were no help. I have searched this forum for an answer but haven't found one. Is there any out there who can hel me with this problem?
    11-04-08 04:02 PM
    try going to options>advanced>host routing table. once in there hit menu and register now. You should get a registration message.
    11-04-08 04:17 PM
    This might sound stupid but is the phone carrier unlocked?
    11-04-08 04:37 PM
    This might sound stupid but is the phone carrier unlocked?
    Not at all. To check go to options>advanced>SIM card. in there hit MEPPD and tell us what it says at Network. Although if it was locked, it should say "invalid sim card" on the home screen.
    11-04-08 04:42 PM
    Not at all. To check go to options>advanced>SIM card. in there hit MEPPD and tell us what it says at Network. Although if it was locked, it should say "invalid sim card" on the home screen.
    He didn't say anything about that message thus me thinking it could be stupid, but I felt someone should ask. A note when you are at the SIM Card menu. When you are typing in "MEPPD" you will not see any text box pop up while you are typing, but once entered correctly you will see a dialog box pop up. Just post here what you see.
    11-04-08 05:26 PM
    try going to options>advanced>host routing table. once in there hit menu and register now. You should get a registration message.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I did this and found the "host routing Table" empty. I selected register now and go the following message: "Registration message qued. It will be sent once data coverage is available".
    11-04-08 06:02 PM
    did you check to make sure it's unlocked as I said in post four?
    11-04-08 06:05 PM
    He didn't say anything about that message thus me thinking it could be stupid, but I felt someone should ask. A note when you are at the SIM Card menu. When you are typing in "MEPPD" you will not see any text box pop up while you are typing, but once entered correctly you will see a dialog box pop up. Just post here what you see.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Here is the results of typing in MEPPD:
    Sim Disabled
    Network Active
    network subset Disabled
    service provider Disabled
    Corporate Disabled
    11-04-08 06:08 PM
    did you check to make sure it's unlocked as I said in post four?
    I tried an AT&T sim in the phone and it asked for the unlock code.
    11-04-08 06:09 PM
    The phone is NOT unlocked and will only work with a T-Mobile SIM card.
    11-04-08 06:10 PM
    You can call At&t and ask them to get you the subsidy unlock code. Takes about a week IF they do it. If not you'll have to pay a third party unlock service. Here is a good one...BBEnriched, Enriching your Blackberry
    11-04-08 06:11 PM
    The phone is NOT unlocked and will only work with a T-Mobile SIM card.
    I have a T-Mobile active sim card but it won't connect.
    11-04-08 06:15 PM
    Sound like you better call T-mo and give them the IMEI number and make sure it's not flagged as lost, stolen or if it has an outstanding bill against it.
    11-04-08 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD