I'm starting to think that maybe purchasing the 8100 was not such a good idea.
    My phone is going on ONLY 4 weeks old and I am already having problems with it. First the problem with not getting any service and now when I make or receive calls when I do get service it's hard to hear anything.
    It was working fine. Then I upgraded the phone using desktop manager and ever since then my phone has static during calls. Also when I upgraded the phone, I tried to set a picture as my home screen image, and it won't allow me to do that anymore!
    Can you please tell me that my phone's speaker during calls can be fixed. This phone is really beginning to frustrate me now!
    06-24-09 07:59 PM
    Did you get it new? If so, have it exchanged. I had the same type of no service issue with my first Pearl until I got it exchanged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 08:07 PM
    Did you get it new? If so, have it exchanged. I had the same type of no service issue with my first Pearl until I got it exchanged.

I bought it from CompUSA. See that's my problem, i don't live in the States so I can't return it. When your phone showed no service, was it impossible to fix?
    06-24-09 08:16 PM
    It was a hardware issue that could only be fixed by sending it back and having T-Mobile's techs fix it. They ended up sending me a totally different one.

Try to contact the seller of your phone and see if they can do anything for you.

06-24-09 08:22 PM
    It was a hardware issue that could only be fixed by sending it back and having T-Mobile's techs fix it. They ended up sending me a totally different one.

Try to contact the seller of your phone and see if they can do anything for you.

So that means they weren't able to fix the phone?
    06-24-09 08:25 PM
    Oh I'm sure they were able to fix it! It's just the way they do it when you have a problem like that. They send you a new or refurbished one so that you dont have to wait for them to fix it.

You get the new one and they have to deal with the old one and they keep the customer happy. I'm sure it's in somebody elses hands by now.

06-24-09 08:36 PM
    Oh I'm sure they were able to fix it! It's just the way they do it when you have a problem like that. They send you a new or refurbished one so that you dont have to wait for them to fix it.

You get the new one and they have to deal with the old one and they keep the customer happy. I'm sure it's in somebody elses hands by now.

Oh, well can you help me with my problem with the speaker during calls?
    06-24-09 08:42 PM
    You might have to replace the speaker itself. You would have to find the speaker that fits the Pearl (I would suggest looking here: Cellular Accessories - Samsung, LG, Nokia, Dopod/O2, Tools, Accessories Store, NEC, HTC, Microsoft, Alc). Then you would have to take the phone apart (this video will help you disassemble your phone: YouTube - Blackberry Pearl 8100 Screen Replacement & Dissection by DirectFix.com, remove the old one and replace it with the new one.

06-24-09 08:52 PM
    You didn't mention what os you updated to. Is it the latest one listed in the stikies? Did you try downgrading back to your carrier's approved os? It might be a software problem, not hardware.

What country are you in?
    06-24-09 09:19 PM
    Which speaker would I need to change?
    The ear speaker... .
    ALSO lol
    I just put some songs on my media card and it sounds awkward. The pitch is higher and the songs play faster
    OMG WTH IS WRONG WITH MY BLACKBERRY!!!!
    06-24-09 09:34 PM
    You didn't mention what os you updated to. Is it the latest one listed in the stikies? Did you try downgrading back to your carrier's approved os? It might be a software problem, not hardware.

What country are you in?
    It's version 4.5. How do you downgrade?? I know nothing of blackberries, I just got this phone like 4 weeks ago and everything is going wrong with it!

I'm in the Bahamas
    06-24-09 09:40 PM
    I totally missed the upgrade part!

Are you sure you upgraded the OS correctly?

06-24-09 09:46 PM
    Did you upgrade to 4.5.0.153? If not, try that version first before downgrading back to 4.2. I have a Pearl that was running great on 4.2 (approved by T-Mobile) and upgraded to the version prior to .153 and the phone ran like a snail. But .153 runs great! Try that before you downgrade.
    06-24-09 09:47 PM
    Try reloading the OS. This link will guide you step by step:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/

06-24-09 09:48 PM
    I totally missed the upgrade part!

Are you sure you upgraded the OS correctly?

Ughh. ... i think so
    i hope so.
    I mean when I opened desktop managers it said there was upgrades available, so i clicked update.
    06-24-09 09:49 PM
    Well, reload it using the link I posted. You'll have to download a couple programs (BlingBall not being one of the necessary apps you need) and see how the phone acts after that.

06-24-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD