Just a question. I have the 8100 running the 4.5 OS and I am having SMS texting issues.

I have an unlimited text plan with T-Mobile.

I can send texts with no problem, the other person receives them fine. Sometimes when they text me back for a split second the led lights up and the phone vibrates and the message folder shows a message, then bam it is gone and I don't know where. If I pull the battery, it might work for a few minutes or a few hours, but then it starts not receiving texts all over again.

Could it be the 4.5 OS? I really like the way it looks, especially the way it categorizes all the media.

Any help much appreciated.
    05-28-08 10:09 AM
    Just out of curiosity, but how and where did you get the 4.5 OS for Tmobile?

I am trying to get a pearl 8100 set up for a tmobile customer and the phone is AT&T originally.

I have flashed it with the ROGERS flash and the instructions at the top of this page and now it says the device attached is not supported. when I try to reflash it with a T-Mobile flash that came directly from T-Mobile's website.

Can you offer any help in this problem?

Thanks
    05-28-08 11:34 AM
    subscribing
    05-28-08 11:37 AM
    Just out of curiosity, but how and where did you get the 4.5 OS for Tmobile?

I am trying to get a pearl 8100 set up for a tmobile customer and the phone is AT&T originally.

I have flashed it with the ROGERS flash and the instructions at the top of this page and now it says the device attached is not supported. when I try to reflash it with a T-Mobile flash that came directly from T-Mobile's website.

Can you offer any help in this problem?

Thanks
    Yeah I downloaded the 4.5 OS and installed it on my computer, then I followed the instructions where someone said to go to the folder on the C: dive, program files......etc, and deleted the vendor.xml file. Then I inttalled the 4.5 OS on my phone using the Desktop Manager.
    05-28-08 01:00 PM
    OK. I tried to do that with the T-mobile specific file and now it says my device is not supported.

Any suggestions in regards to this problem?

I also followed the instructions to remove the vendor.xml file and it still does the same thing.

It is getting to be frustrating because of it not wanting to work now that I have flashed it with this ROGERS file.

Ed
    05-28-08 01:28 PM
    where can you get the 4.5 os for the pearl?
    05-28-08 03:57 PM
    nevermind i found it thanks anyway
    05-28-08 04:01 PM
    Hey guys,
    I am newbie and I was under the impression that the 4.5 OS was only for 8110 and up. I have an unlocked ATT 8100 and I just upgraded to the 4.2 OS. Will the 4.5 run on my BB without any glitches or would it be better to stay with the 4.2 OS?
    Aomori_eyes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 07:01 AM
    Hey guys,
    I am newbie and I was under the impression that the 4.5 OS was only for 8110 and up. I have an unlocked ATT 8100 and I just upgraded to the 4.2 OS. Will the 4.5 run on my BB without any glitches or would it be better to stay with the 4.2 OS?
    Aomori_eyes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Learn your phone and what the OS can do first... Noone is gonna tell you if or what you SHOULD get.. and dont ask for a link in here for the 4.5.. RIM wont like it! If you want it look for it and DL it at you own risk, it is still only a beta......
    05-29-08 07:49 AM
    Learn your phone and what the OS can do first... Noone is gonna tell you if or what you SHOULD get.. and dont ask for a link in here for the 4.5.. RIM wont like it! If you want it look for it and DL it at you own risk, it is still only a beta......
    To begin with I did the research. Unfortunately, most of the research I found stated there several problems with the BETA version of the 4.5, especially with the 8100. Furthermore, I asked a legitimate question about the software and my understanding of the software. Finally, I DID NOT ASK for a link to a 4.5 OS, instead I asked for the users opinion about whether or not I should take a chance on the beta version. (In other words, will the ends justify the means?) It is sad that is in this day and age, there are people who believe a little anonynimity equates to disrespecting another person.

PS: I apologize to Magstuff for hijacking your thread in any way.
    Last edited by aomori_eyes; 05-31-08 at 03:42 PM.
    05-31-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD