Ok so I bought a Pearl 8100 off ebay last week and received it Thursday. I called AT&T and cleared that it wasnt reported stolen, it is free and clear

So this isnt my first BB, Im an ex-7290 user. I have a few questions:

When I first turn on the Pearl, I get "Network notification messages". They are all garble. One is a bunch of weird looking "a"'s that sort of look like a' a' but they are in italics and there are like 50 of them.

The next message is a whole bunch of weird characters as well. What do these "network notification messages" mean and how can I get them from popping up in the future??

What cool programs are recommended? I used to have google maps on my 7290 and weatherbug or some weather application. Im a boater, so those were both very valuable. Any new fresh recommendations?
    Last edited by MichBlackberryBoy; 03-23-08 at 09:11 PM.
    03-23-08 09:07 PM
    Google maps for sure yahoo go and ESPN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 09:13 PM
    I'm sorry I can't help about those messages. But I love Viigo.. I didn't like it at first and now I'm obsessed with it. I also second the ESPN app. It's a necessity.

03-23-08 10:09 PM
    Oh! Also myalarm, for setting multiple alarms! I needed that for my crazy schedule!

03-23-08 10:12 PM
    Ok thanks folks...

What about weather? Is there a good mobile blackberry weather program?
    03-25-08 03:30 PM
    i have opera mini and i love that ... i also have colorpearl to change the color of my track ball...

but can some1 tell me what the app is for myalarms..
    03-25-08 07:54 PM
    BBWeather is a good one, FileLock, and Google Docs
    03-25-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD