Hi, I just got my new Pearl 3G today and when I tried using it the trackpad felt strange.

I haven't tried changing the sensitivity yet, not sure if you can. But so far the trackpad seems unresponsive, sometimes it just just won't scroll and i need to keep trying. It also clicks down once really easily. It doesn't actually click the trackpad but when I select something I have to click it down twice, the first one doesn't do anything. When I scroll it clicks down once almost every time but doesn't select anything. I hope this makes sense.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Should I just bring it back and ask for a new one?

Edit: to be more specific, it doesn't really click the first time, it just feels real loose.
    08-17-10 03:40 PM
    Sounds like a defect, I'd get a new one ASAP.
    While defects aren't horribly common, better to be satisfied now than deal with that kind of problem out of the box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 08-17-10 at 04:40 PM.
    08-17-10 04:38 PM
    Hi, I just got my new Pearl 3G today and when I tried using it the trackpad felt strange.

I haven't tried changing the sensitivity yet, not sure if you can. But so far the trackpad seems unresponsive, sometimes it just just won't scroll and i need to keep trying. It also clicks down once really easily. It doesn't actually click the trackpad but when I select something I have to click it down twice, the first one doesn't do anything. When I scroll it clicks down once almost every time but doesn't select anything. I hope this makes sense.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Should I just bring it back and ask for a new one?

Edit: to be more specific, it doesn't really click the first time, it just feels real loose.
    I had a curve 8530 and a Bold 9700, and you would think the trackpad would be the same on the pearl it's not. It feels a little off like it's not as sensitive but it's still way better then the ball. Even on full sensitivity it doesn't scroll as much as the the curve and bold. It's not bad or a defect it's just how they made it on this phone. I do know exactly what your talking about.
    08-23-10 09:51 AM
    I have the same problem with mine - I'm sending it back to Rogers. They didn't really believe me but I sometimes need to scroll the pad 3-4 times before it moves. Whether I have the sensitivity set at 70 or 100!!

The new one they send me will be my fourth Pearl 3G.

1. Didn't recognize my media card - sent back
    2. Left side of screen was lifting up - sent back
    3. Trackpad problem

So needless to say, I love the phone but am very frustrated with the build quality
    08-28-10 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD