For those of you that already have the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, can you tell me how the reception has been? I have been waiting for this to come out and it's rumored to come out from AT&T. AT&T has the crappiest reception but for various reasons I have stay with them. I'd appreciate any feedback on the reception.
    ~paula
    08-27-10 02:08 PM
    It does not matter how others are fairing with the device, your results pertain to your own specific area and the areas in which you travel and on your specific carrier. It’s sort of like looking @ statistics for a particular type of surgery; the more important statistic or track record is that of your specific surgeon, etc. The device will come out and you will have a month or so to decide if you like it, end of story.
    08-27-10 04:08 PM
    Not really. Most devices barely receive any signal on AT&T where I live. Nokia e63 I had 3 bars and never dropped a call. So. It does matter and the question is still out there for those who have the 9100.

Thank you.
    08-27-10 04:52 PM
    I hate to break it to you but its mostly the carrier that impacts the coverage not the device and based that the device is not released by att how could someone answer your question? you would be far better to get some sort of tmo device that allows for voip called over wifi imo
    08-27-10 06:26 PM
    I have found the 9100 to not have the greatest signal capture and network management. It appears to not have quite as strong of radio as the 9700 or maybe just doesn't manage handoffs as well. It seems like it switches between 3g and 2g alot and is on 2G a little to often. I would say it doesn't have the greatest signal capture maybe due to its compact size? Mind you my 9100 is on Tmobile so results will definitely vary on a at&t model as they have insanely strong 3G signal coverage in my area. If you are just trying to get adequate signal in your area you should be fine but if you are in a low signal area and want to be locked onto 3G you might have some problems. Overall I would say it has moderate signal strength, not excellent but good.
    08-27-10 06:57 PM
    its not the device, its tmo. I have a 9700 and a 9100 and they are identical in the way they hand off from 2 to 3. the reality is tmo does not have that hot an infrastructure. believe what you will but it mostly carrier, I drop calls on both of these devices and almost never when on a pure edge device.
    08-27-10 07:42 PM
    its not the device, its tmo. I have a 9700 and a 9100 and they are identical in the way they hand off from 2 to 3. the reality is tmo does not have that hot an infrastructure. believe what you will but it mostly carrier, I drop calls on both of these devices and almost never when on a pure edge device.
    Cant you just turn the 3G off and use 2G only and not drop a call, in theory?
    08-27-10 11:13 PM
    why, it defeats the entire notion of having something better which 3g most certainly is. I like instant everything, dont care if I drop a few calls. early adopter and loving it
    08-27-10 11:22 PM
    why, it defeats the entire notion of having something better which 3g most certainly is. I like instant everything, dont care if I drop a few calls. early adopter and loving it
    So noted...
    08-27-10 11:25 PM
    hey Kurt ...
    I just love the way my 9700 always wants to use edge >>> even if I force 3g and it shows 3-4 bars 3g it will jump back to edge the first chance it gets ..anaheim, lafeforest , aliso viejo .. and more full 3g areas....

but then again alot of cities i am in like my house in santa ana/costa mesa border full 3g...go figure
    08-28-10 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD