For some reason, when I put the phone on standby by pressing the * key, the phone does not ask for my password when I take it off standby. Is there anyway to enable the password lock every time I put the device into standby mode? Thanks!!!
    08-25-10 11:21 PM
    no clue but you can set one of your convenience keys to do what you want. the lock is for preventing accidental # dialing imo.
    08-25-10 11:45 PM
    This is an interesting topic.
    i would like to comment even if my topic might be slightly off topic. i hope you dont mind.

I recently upgraded from an older pearl to the new 9100.
    with my older pearl i had it configured to "lock" when it was put in the case, and when i pulled it out i had to hit * and another key.
    that funtionality does not exist on my new Pearl.it does not "lock" automatically. the only way i can get it to automactically lock when its put in the case is to actually configure a password. that is a pain for me.
    does nayone know how to make it lock automatically without a key stroke or password ?
    08-26-10 08:33 AM
    the only thing i know is options>password and set the holster lock and you should have a password imo
    08-26-10 10:39 AM
    Check the links in my signature. I'll make a 9100 thread when I have a chance. Works the same though.
    08-28-10 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD