I wrote a draft message in Outlook on my laptop and saved it in Drafts. I then modified the message using my Blackberry and sent it. However, the message that sent was without the modifications I made on the BB, it was the message as saved in drafts. Has anyone else had this problem with the Pearl 8100 and Outlook 2003?

The problem gets stranger...although the recipient got the unchanged draft version of the message, the thread conversation afterwards contained the version of the message modified on the BB.

How can this happen?
    12-17-07 10:47 AM
    I have read it someplace that drafts do not work very well between Outlook and BlackBerry, and there is no fix for it.
    12-17-07 02:03 PM
    Forgot to mention, workaround this particular issue (draft not being compatible between Outlook and BB), is to send yourself a message instead of saving it as draft. That way you can open your sent folder from your BB, choose the message, edit it, and send it wherever you want.
    Hope this helps.
    12-17-07 02:06 PM
    The Outlook "draft" was saved in my Inbox. The weird bit is that the receiver got the draft version, but the version of that that I modified and sent was there in the thread, which also took place on the BlackBerry. There are definitely some strange synch issues between BB & Outlook. If anyone else has experienced this, please share!!!
    12-18-07 01:01 PM
    I am also trying to help someone do this to. To my logic the scenario goes like this:

You create a draft email in Outlook and the user wants to send it from his blackberry at a later time. He can't see the draft email on his blackberry and if he sent it to himself it would not allow him to edit the message.

if someone knows how to get around it please let me know. The reason I think the person can't see the draft is because it hasn't left outlook. It has to leave Exchange and go through BES to be received by the blackberry device (unless you synch manually which I just thought of). The other reason might be you have Filed messages hidden (mailbox, options, general options). Turning that on might be the answer but it won't work in my scenario. any help would be appreciated (the user can't synch manually but would like to edit a drafted email created in Outlook on his blackberry, change recipients and the message body)
    10-15-08 10:17 AM
    Hi,

Regarding to draft folder syncing; this is not Blackberry's fault, this is how Exchange ActiveSync protocol works as standard. The only way to solve this is to ask Microsoft to change how Exchange ActiveSync works.

Please read this website:

Drafts folder not synching on ActiveSync devices | Email and calendar | Microsoft Office 365 Community

https://support.apple.com/kb/HT5928?viewlocale=en_US

KB16270-Drafts do not synchronize with the BlackBerry smartphone

So blame Microsoft or ask them to provide this capability.

Thank you.
    09-28-14 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD