I am brand new to the blackberry world and am trying to get a theme that I like off of a website. It has an ota link to download it. When I click on it, it asks if I want to save the file or find a program to run it. If i save it, it is a .jad file and it cannot be uploaded from my desktop manager. I think ota means "over the air," so I tried to do it from the browser on my phone, but a message comes up that says "the page that you are trying to load could not be found." Can someone help me out?
    01-03-08 01:19 PM
    From a pc... Right click on the OTA link and select properties. Then copy the link address to yourself in an email to your phone. Then try downloading it from the link...
    01-03-08 01:57 PM
    I tried your suggestion, but it still says "HTTP Error 404: Not Found The page you are trying to load cannot be found."
    Does this mean that it is a dead link?
    01-03-08 03:19 PM
    Must be a dead link then.
    01-03-08 03:20 PM
    I just figured it out. The link was posted on a forum. I went to the website of the company that made it, downloaded it as a .zip file, then transferred the theme from the DM.
    01-03-08 03:29 PM
    Gotta love it when a plan comes together.
    01-04-08 12:31 PM
    hi!....
    please help me!! I am downloading a theme to my BB by OTA LINK, the file downloads OK but when I look for it in Options, theme is not there, but when I go to options then Aplications is there! .. how could I apply this to my BB.
    thanks!
    09-15-09 06:38 PM
    hi!....
    please help me!! I am downloading a theme to my BB by OTA LINK, the file downloads OK but when I look for it in Options, theme is not there, but when I go to options then Aplications is there! .. how could I apply this to my BB.
    thanks!
    Pull your battery, wait a minute, and put it back in. Should be there then.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 07:18 PM
    is there anyone who can convert a zip file into an ota link for me?
    10-23-09 05:17 PM
    is there anyone who can convert a zip file into an ota link for me?
    I'm assuming you must have a PC, or you couldn't send the zip. What part of the install are you having problems with?
    10-23-09 06:04 PM
    Hey, I've tried this but the theme I downloaded is still under applications, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!
    11-28-09 03:51 AM
    i cant seem to do it on my blackberry... can someone send me the ed-hardy theme PLEASE ive been trying for hours to do it and i cant... even downloaded the soaftware for it BB PIN: 21B683BC
    03-14-10 05:01 PM
    Hey, So I, like kristinpch, had the same troubles. I pulled out the battery and am still having the same problem, what else can I do?
    10-14-10 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD