I'm new to the whole BlackBerry scene so I don't know how OS versions work - I get that an OS is tailored to a device (ie my Pearl has 4.5 on it and the newer devices has 4.6+ on them) but is there a way to get these later releases on my device or are there any plans to release the later versions on the older devices?
    03-24-09 03:50 AM
    You cannot put 4.6 on your 8120 at the moment. It may be possible in the future but no one really knows right now. There are different versions of 4.5 however and I am not sure which one you are running. The latest release for the 8120 is stickied at the top of the page.
    03-24-09 10:38 AM
    dave,

at the top of each device forum are sticky posts listing the most current production release for your device. If you want to try your luck with a Beta version (at your own risk) you can look in the Beta OS Discussion forum.

If your version is 4.5.0.124, you are running the most current version for your device.
    03-24-09 10:45 AM
    Thanks for that - I had a feeling it would be like that.

The version I'm running on my 8120 is 4.5.0.52 - is it worth upgrading the software to the latest version?

Only reason I was asking (and this is actually quite sad) is that I'm tired of TwitterBerry not posting images to TwitPic - even after changing the connection mode to TCP - and would like an application that does it all, so I thought I might give YATCA a try, but since it doesn't run on anything below 4.6 I guess I won't be.

Thanks again for the information
    03-24-09 12:00 PM
    Which country carries you for Orange? Package 4.5.0.92 (application version 4.5.0.52) is the current for Orange UK. You can skip to 4.5.0.124 if you care to try it. The details and instructions can be found in this post. I'm not sure what the key benefits are, they're both 4.5, but I would venture a guess that some memory leaks may have been plugged up. I'm running it on an 8100 (not my primary BB, not heavily used) and it seems stable.
    03-24-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD