I want to upgrade my Pearl 3G from 5 to OS 6 but have a question... I bought the phone on Telus and unlocked to use on Bell. When I do the upgrade will it then be locked again to Telus? If so, would it be unlockable once it's got the unreleased OS 6?
    02-02-11 01:37 PM
    From the Sticky in the Unlocking forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/un...-guide-431356/

If I upgrade the OS or do a Wipe Handheld will my Blackberry relock?

No it won't. Blackberry Unlocking is permanent. The only way to relock a Blackberry is with special software. Once unlocked, you can upgrade/downgrade/wipe the OS risk free.
    02-02-11 01:58 PM
    Is that 100%? I'm just worried that it'll relock and won't be unlockable due to the software being a leak
    02-02-11 02:12 PM
    Did you read the link and the answer I posted?

That thread was done by someone who unlocks phones for a living. Also, it says right there in the answer that re-locking a phone requires special software.

If it makes you feel any better hearing it from a random person who has nothing to do with unlocking phones then I can tell you that I have my Bold unlocked and have updated, wiped, bricked, and done about everything to it, and it is still unlocked.
    02-02-11 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD