I'm on T-mobile and I have the 9100. I saw that crackberry has the 6.0.0.380 as an official release. Would I be able to upgrade from OS 5 to 6 with this version or should I wait?
    02-09-11 12:58 PM
    down load the leaked .424
    02-09-11 02:43 PM
    Is it better and less buggy than the .380 version? And is there any reason I should NOT upgrade from OS 5? Or are these tiny kinks that will eventually be worked out? Basically, do you think .424 is worth it?
    02-09-11 03:35 PM
    I think the smart way to answer the upgrade ? is on a feature to feature basis and your use of the device. its sort of like screen savers on a computer, who cares what your background is if you are doing your work - i have outlook open all day so I dont give a rats a$$ about what is on my desktop. ditto for me on the 9100 - I am in my contacts, email and calendar all day, so why would I care about what OS I am using - V5 is reliable, fast and it works. V6, well you make up your own mind i guess
    02-09-11 03:44 PM
    Well of course, but if the OS's bugs inhibit me from doing such things, and failing/underperforming at some areas, then usage will suffer...
    02-09-11 03:46 PM
    sorry, I though you knew - its a given - OS6 is loaded with issues, did you not go to the beta page?
    02-09-11 03:48 PM
    Ok, well if .380 has been officially released, is that not the stable version compared to the beta version of .424?
    02-09-11 03:50 PM
    oh and forget about getting popular apps for a beta, berryweather, quicklaunch, etc will be supported under V5 way before v6.
    02-09-11 03:51 PM
    dont know dont care, there is nothing that v6 can do for me that v5 cannot do so I am not upgrading ever unless they stop supporting v5. I am not a RIM beta site and for the life of me I cannot see why anyone else is. I think I am one of the few actual business users of the device around here. no business user or someone that depends on a reliable device would ever run a beta or so called official release of a new os. just my .02
    02-09-11 03:53 PM
    oh and forget about getting popular apps for a beta, berryweather, quicklaunch, etc will be supported under V5 way before v6.
    I know it's not your point, kurtla but both Berryweather and Quicklaunch work fine for me under OS6. I'm relatively new to the Pearl 3G but I have found OS6 to be no less stable than 5, but I do agree that if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

In my case, I wanted to see OS6 and determine whether the webkit browser amongst other things was worthy of all the hoopla! While OS6 is not a massive change, at least on the Pearl 3G, I am happy with it.
    02-09-11 04:23 PM
    BW has advisory issues under 6 no matter what device and quicklaunch is not supported on the 9100 in either os @ the moment - this might not be current but is the last I heard. if your happy then that is all that matters
    02-09-11 05:30 PM
    Install OS6, but install the leaked 6.0.0.424, its way better than that 380 official. Only bug that I can see is the cursor bug in BBM, not a deal breaker for me... Very stable, very snappy and the browser is awesome...
    02-09-11 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD