I had a strange situation with my email setup this weekend. I added a 4th account, which means I have:

• One IMAP account for work
    • 2 IMAP accounts on my personal domain
    • One gmail account via IMAP

However, after adding that fourth account, I got some very strange behavior. My original three accounts wouldn't properly synchronize after I added the fourth one. To make matters worse, one of the accounts has disappeared from my email settings page, but is still in my applications list.

I have attempted to fix the synchronization issues by deleting and recreating the misbehaving accounts, and that seems to have worked. However, I still have the orphaned one that I can't figure out how to delete. I have hidden that application for now, but I don't think it can be good to have an orphaned application sitting around -- particularly when it has the same username/pwd as an active one.

Any tips on what to do in this situation?
    03-16-08 01:14 PM
    If its an email folder, you will need to go to options>advanced>service books and delete the books for that email address.
    03-16-08 01:25 PM
    Thanks, I had missed one service book somehow. That did it.
    03-16-08 01:52 PM
    Sweet!!!!!
    03-16-08 01:54 PM
    I have a similar situation.
    I had created an email account for my work email which is part of an exchange. We were then able to get BES Express set up. So I deleted that email account but noticed that there was still an entry for that in the email and calendar applications. So I deleted the two service books for that account.
    It still comes back on occasion. Like if I have to re-register or activate with the BES it comes back with it - why is that???
    03-16-08 01:58 PM
    That is a BES issue, i think the old email needs to be removed from the BES..
    03-16-08 02:14 PM
    The old email was never associated with the BES - it is odd...?
    03-16-08 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD