I've been digging through Google, previous forums (both here and elsewhere), and other options for a way to view PDF files on my 8100.

I do know that this has been an issue for a while, but haven't been able to find a working solution.

I've seen several options, but that is only if I can email it to myself. Unfortunately about 85%+ of my files are anywhere from 8-40MB in size, which is over the limits for emails. (If I remember right, total email size needs to be under 10MB, and file attachments under 5mb.)

There is one other that was mentioned, but it's currently in closed beta and hasn't been released yet either.

So I just want to see if I'm missing anything or if it's accurate that as of right now, I get to sit and twiddle my thumbs and wait for something to come out?

(Yes if I could program, right now I would be. )

As an aside - Is there much out there for looking at CHMs without converting them?
    09-06-08 10:38 AM
    Post #3 in this thread gives two possible solutions, other than emailing them to yourself: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/vei...f-files-53313/
    09-07-08 12:12 AM
    Thanks for the reference to that article -

It mentioned (2) options:

Beamberry you have to upload (or email) the file to the server and then it'll convert it for you and you can display. (Not bad, but you'll need a data plan to really use.)

Mobipocket, works mostly, but you have use a Windoze box to convert the PDF file to ebook format, and then you can upload/read it on your blackberry. I'm going to play with this further, but not overly impressed.

(More of just reviewing what I've found to date.)

Thank you again for the pointer.
    09-07-08 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD