I don't quite understand opera mini, initially it displays as an unreadable micro-mini page which must be constantly magnified and panned in order to view. What are the advantages of opera mini thats not available on blackberry browser of 8130; Blackberry browser has been improved over previous versions and now has a neat cursor arrow to navigate with. Am I missing something ?
    01-03-08 09:14 PM
    Perhaps you should read the Opera Mini page a bit more carefully. You have the option to use either the page overview w/zoom or a mobile view (optimized for your device). Opera Mini displays full HTML, tables, etc. The BB Browser does not render HTML tables well. Opera Mini allows you to visit secure sites, which teh BB Browser does not always do. Opera Mini allows for the creation of multiple searches from the main page, etc.
    01-03-08 09:41 PM
    I tend to like the BB browser better. Tried Opera Mini...I can't even make the bookmark page the home page like in the BB browser. Deleted it!
    01-04-08 04:27 AM
    There's a few situations where I need to use the Opera Browser because some websites I need to see exactly how it's supposed to look on a real computer, so the BB Browser just doesn't fit the bill. That being said I mostly use the BB browser for everything else.
    01-04-08 07:02 AM
    I have an 8320 and installed Opera 4 and it will not initiate in wifi mode. What a waste of space
    01-04-08 07:11 AM
    I can't even make the bookmark page the home page like in the BB browser
    Actually, you can edit the nine speed dial slots, which do appear on the OM start page.

I have an 8320 and installed Opera 4 and it will not initiate in wifi mode
    Are you with T-Mo or AT&T? I believe OM will work via UMA wi-fi on T-Mo. The program looks for APN settings on GSM devices, and wi-fi does not rout through the carrier's APN.
    01-04-08 10:01 AM
    Yes, Opera is great to keep around for the few sites you need to look at as you would on a computer. Otherwise the BB Browser is much faster.
    01-04-08 10:38 AM
    I like opera mini but it doesn't seem to stream video like on m.youtube.com, BB Browser will.
    01-04-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD