Hey Everyone

Just tried downloading and installing the new version of Opera 4.1 - but proving to have massive problems!!!!!

I've downlaoded and everytime I attempt to instal it it gets 75% the way there and then a failure message pops up saying "Failed to connect to the internet"

what am I doing wrong??? - or has this happened to anyone else???

Please Help!
    04-02-08 01:40 PM
    Are you trying to download on your BB or on your pc? I have had other apps that I was downloading OTA and got the same type of message. I figured out that I was in an area where my signal kept going in and out. It was out of range for too long and timed out, hence the message there was no connection. I am not sure if this is your situation or not. But I tried downloading the same apps when I got home and everything was fine.
    04-02-08 01:49 PM
    Alright, nothing against the poster but I'm sick of seeing a dozen separate threads regarding opera mini 4.1 and issues with it. People you need to search before posting!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/ope...-1-beta-27526/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/oper...out-now-27501/
    Last edited by sunkast; 04-02-08 at 01:55 PM.
    04-02-08 01:52 PM
    Sunkast....are you angry today? There are nicer ways to get your message across. This is the second time in just a couple of days where you've displayed annoyance with newcomers to this site. I think you are going to start turning people away. Newbies may not be as familiar with the site as you are...give us a break, will you??
    04-02-08 02:18 PM
    Sunkast....are you angry today? There are nicer ways to get your message across. This is the second time in just a couple of days where you've displayed annoyance with newcomers to this site. I think you are going to start turning people away. Newbies may not be as familiar with the site as you are...give us a break, will you??
    Agreed - a bit of tolerance goes a long way.
    04-02-08 02:20 PM
    Hey Everyone

Just tried downloading and installing the new version of Opera 4.1 - but proving to have massive problems!!!!!

I've downlaoded and everytime I attempt to instal it it gets 75% the way there and then a failure message pops up saying "Failed to connect to the internet"

what am I doing wrong??? - or has this happened to anyone else???

Please Help!
    Sounds like you need to fill in the APN info located under Advanced Options > TCP.

I believe this is the info you need for yours:

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

username: o2wap

password: password

If not, a search will find it im sure. Tmob US is wap.voicestream.com if anyone runs into the same problem. Leave username and password blank.
    Last edited by HydroPropo; 04-02-08 at 02:29 PM.
    04-02-08 02:22 PM
    Very true, I don't think Kevin would be to happy with members being rude to newbies. I mean this is Kevin's site and all. And yes it is a great site let's keep it this way.
    04-02-08 02:33 PM
    Hi Levinew

I am an o2 user too and Opera Mini will not work for me.

Try putting this info in your TCP/APN settings. Options > advanced options > TCP

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
    Usnername:mobileweb
    Password: password

Please be aware though that o2 charges extra (�1 per mb) for mobile web use.
    04-02-08 02:42 PM
    Goodness people... I am not being rude. And as I said, it has nothing to do with the newbie. We simply don't need a dozen separate threads on the same topic. It's much more helpful to have one thread with all the same info.
    04-02-08 02:43 PM
    Goodness people... I am not being rude. And as I said, it has nothing to do with the newbie. We simply don't need a dozen separate threads on the same topic. It's much more helpful to have one thread with all the same info.
    It was merely the wording of it, Sunkast. Just mentioning that there are a couple threads on this already would have been fine. I'm sure a Mod will be around and merge the threads as needed. Also - I know the search option isn't always cooperative all the time. We're just saying a bit of politeness in your approach would be better.
    04-02-08 02:50 PM
    So back to the question at hand. I just downloaded opera mini 4.1 and it is working. Here is the link that I used.

http://mini.opera.com/beta/

I had to use the non certificate download however to download. The other 3 wouldn't work on my pearl. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. Let me know if this works. Oh, be sure to uninstall opera mini 4.0 so that you have enough room on your phone. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-08 03:59 PM
    It worked with WiFi active but I also had EDGE active too. I just learned how to set up WiFi on my BB so I'm experienced with it yet but settings showed that WiFi was the connection being used.
    04-02-08 04:06 PM
    Posting from my BB now with 4.1 now. Seems to be working great so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-08 09:26 AM
    Dear All

thanks for your advice and feedback - and I am a new user from the UK, so your patience is appreciated with what may seem like silly questions to the advance user and I didnt know there was an etiquette within this forum
    04-03-08 02:06 PM
    i could not get opera mini 4.1 to download at all on my pearl or my bros pearl so i downloaded on my pc then installed it on my phone with the desktop manager and it workd like a charm. 4.1 is super cool and ALOT FASTER than the standard browser and the older opera!!
    04-03-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD