I have a peculiar issue with an old text message I sent someone a few weeks ago. Whenever this person texts me, the old message shows up like she is replying to it again, yet she isn't. She said she deleted the message soon after she received it, yet it keeps showing up on my phone when she texts me. Tonight, she sent a mass text message to her entire contact list, and the old message showed up on my phone. I was worried that her entire contact list (which include mutual friends and family) saw what I was seeing. After talking to a few people, I came to the conclusion that I was the only one seeing the old message, therefore the issue lies with my phone and not hers. How the **** do I get this to stop happening?
    02-10-09 09:53 PM
    Do you still have that original message on your phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 10:08 PM
    No, I deleted my entire inbox.
    02-10-09 10:15 PM
    Delete the history from an SMS text message

1. When replying to an SMS text message, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Remove History.

You can try that. Its what I use sometimes.

02-10-09 10:25 PM
    I do that, but it does not solve the issue. I want the message to stop appearing on my phone when this particular person texts me.
    02-10-09 10:37 PM
    I actually just had it happen. Someone sent me their address months ago and it just appeared when they text me. So I removed the history n it disappeared. I just looked and I have that message saved of the address. In your SMS inbox select menu, then view saved messages. Check if you accidently or forgot you saved it.

02-10-09 10:55 PM
    That did it. Thanks a bunch. I must have saved it by accident.
    02-10-09 11:28 PM
    Whoop! Good! Lol

02-10-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD