So, I was trying to connect my BB to my computer, and it wouldn't work. I tried everything. I called t-mobile and they had me do all sorts of stuff. I was on the phone with them for 87 minutes, only for them to tell me they couldn't help me. The next day I plugged my BB into the wall to charge. I left it for about an hour, and when I came back, it was at 30%, when earlier it was at 35%. So I got mad and took it down to t-mobile, and told them my problem. They tried plugging it in, and it didn't work for them either. The guy noticed that in my charging socket?? I guess you would call it, that a prong was missing. He told me that it was my fault that it broke, and that they couldn't give me a new one. I was really mad, (I got my BB on Christmas Eve, and I took it into t-mobile yesterday, Jan 3.) I have never dropped it, I have taken very good care of it, so why had the prong broke? While the guy was sitting there telling me I had broken it, another worker came over and told the guy that there was a couple on the other side of the store with the same problem. His BB wasn't holding a charge either, and a prong was missing. The guy appologized, and told me it probably wasn't something I did to it. Then he continued to tell me that there was at least 4 people in the last week that has come in with the same problem. So if that was the case, why did he blame me for breaking it?? Fortunately, he ordered me a new phone, free of charge. I guess being 16 and coming in without a parent might've had something to do with it, probably tried to pull a fast one on me since I was a kid. Anyone else come across with this problem? Just curious
    01-04-08 01:56 PM
    So, bottom line, it is a great thing that you went down and were there when the other couple came in with the same issue! Perseverance pays off.

The broken prong thing is not a real common issue, I do not see it mentioned every day here on the boards. Perhaps TMo got a bad batch or something?
    01-04-08 02:00 PM
    Yes, I was very thankful the other couple came in when they did. Otherwise I would've had to call my daddy to yell at them =]

Hmm...that's really weird. I'm not rough on it at all. So I hope my new BB will work out.
    Thanks or the reply =]
    01-04-08 02:12 PM
    So my boss has a 8700 that is about a yr and half old. It stopped holding a charge about a month ago and I ordered him a new battery, but it's still not holding a charge. Does that mean it's the device itself? What do you think the best solution is?
    11-18-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD