well, i go to bed last night, and put my BB pearl 8130 on the night stand next to me like always and fall asleep. Wake up some time this morning wondering what time it is, and reach for my BB like always.........not there? Look on the floor, maybe i knocked it off?...........not there? Look around under the bed........not there? WTH? I walk out into the living room to find my dog with it in his mouth!!! Scratched up the back a little, but the "delete" key is gone!! ARGH!!! Time to go test out my insurance
    08-02-08 08:14 AM
    Your dog is addicted, too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-08 08:18 AM
    Thats was just an appetizer before breakfast. Dog was hungry.
    08-02-08 08:21 AM
    Yeah, I hope the delete button filled him up. Not exactly what I was wanting to do today. I love my pearl, and it is NOT the same without the delete button don't worry, dog is ok, he is just in time out, not his fault totally, he's a 4 month old puppy

Last edited by Tylersten; 08-02-08 at 11:19 AM.
    08-02-08 08:45 AM
    that sucks sorry to hear
    08-02-08 08:59 AM
    Time to find a doggy rehab......
    08-02-08 09:30 AM
    If the insurance does not work and your dog will not reimburse you for dammage caused (unlikely in my experience) then try this site for a new keyboard 8110/8120/8130 - Samsung, Microsoft, Dopod/O2, Apple, Nokia, LG, Sony, BlackBerry, Accessories St
    08-02-08 09:32 AM
    If my dog did that it would be time to get rid of the dog!! LOL! Just kidding. I love my dog, and my Berry.
    08-02-08 09:34 AM
    Thanks for the tip on the keyboard Pete6, that will deffinetly be my next stop if alltel can't help me
    08-02-08 11:15 AM
    Ouch!!!!!!
    08-02-08 11:25 AM
    but the "delete" key is gone!! ARGH!!! Time to go test out my insurance
    He was sending us some of pics, of some hot little poodle down the street when you caught him. Guess he panicked and ate the delete key. Damn kids.

Woof.
    08-02-08 11:39 AM
    lol, if that's the case he was probobly trying to delete the evidence and did so a little too hard and ate it off.
    WELL, it took an hour, but a $95 deductable later and i've got a new *reconditioned phone. Seems goood as new......keeping my fingers crossed.
    08-02-08 01:53 PM
    Well, you know, eventually, that delete key will resurface..........

08-02-08 01:56 PM
    yea but you probably won't want it...trust me lmbo
    08-02-08 02:02 PM
    Well, you know, eventually, that delete key will resurface..........

On the other hand it may remain EMBEDDED.
    08-02-08 02:05 PM
    On the other hand it may remain EMBEDDED.
    Good Lord, I hope it doesn't function in there...
    08-02-08 02:06 PM
    To tell you the truth, who knows if he ate it or not, but he is a big dog, the delete key is much smaller than even his food.

On another note, ice got everything loaded back on, but my smart alarm and jivetalk don't recognize this new phone cuz they are set to another PIN, my old phone. Can I switch it to this new phone or am I stuck buying new licenses for this new phone???

08-02-08 03:13 PM
    Yeah, I hope the delete button filled him up. Not exactly what I was wanting to do today. I love my pearl, and it is NOT the same without the delete button don't worry, dog is ok, he is just in time out, not his fault totally, he's a 4 month old puppy

Our 14-15 mo old "puppy" still chews on some things. No where near as bad as before. We just have to keep stuff of the floor, or he will eat it. Also have to watch stuff just sitting on the coffee table.
    08-02-08 03:15 PM
    Well I actually have 2 of them, a yellow lab (7 months) and the black lab (4 months) the yellow won't touch anything but his toys, and the black is the opposite, anything BUT his toys, are toys.

08-02-08 03:52 PM
    I'm assuming your new reconditioned phone has 4.3 on it? I heard some new 8130 supposedly had 4.5 on them, who knows if that true.

You better check your bill to make sure there no 1-800 numbers on it....
    08-02-08 04:24 PM
    That's horrible! I'm sure the puppy LOVED it though!!
    08-02-08 04:35 PM
    He was sending us some of pics, of some hot little poodle down the street when you caught him. Guess he panicked and ate the delete key. Damn kids.

Woof.
    I know when I'm about to panic I think "What plastic can I eat"
    08-02-08 04:36 PM
    Its got 4.3.0.81 on it, no 4.5 who knows if we will ever see that, I'm not holding my breath.
    I almost got him a toy phone to play with, and then stopped thinking that it would only encourage him stealing myn. Lol I was thinking of putting it back in his mouth before I took it in and snap a pic with my camera.

08-02-08 05:21 PM
    To tell you the truth, who knows if he ate it or not, but he is a big dog, the delete key is much smaller than even his food.

On another note, ice got everything loaded back on, but my smart alarm and jivetalk don't recognize this new phone cuz they are set to another PIN, my old phone. Can I switch it to this new phone or am I stuck buying new licenses for this new phone???

How to transfer or upgrade your BeejiveIM license

User License (one time transfer) - transfer your Beejive (JiveTalk) license to another device - $10.00
    Device License (multiple transfer) - transfer you Beejive (JiveTalk) license to another device as often as you want. - $20.00
    08-02-08 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD