so i am going on 48 hrs with my 8220, and so far i love it, and at all times i am running myspace, facebook, aim and yahoo...

this morning i took my fone off the charger, fully charged, and made a 15 minute call. when i was done, i had lost almost a full bar. is think kind of battery drain normal, or is my battery defective?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 12:15 PM
    if bluetooth and wifi is on, i think it would be possible.
    11-19-08 12:23 PM
    niether are on. only the cellular radio

11-19-08 12:43 PM
    I hope it's not the Facebook app Benzo...
    11-19-08 12:45 PM
    i got the most recent version, 1.2.0, but i might uninstall it and see if helps

11-19-08 12:49 PM
    i got the most recent version, 1.2.0, but i might uninstall it and see if helps

RIM did release an update to 1.3 but pulled it off the site, Its happening to me too with the FaceBook app, i deleted after I installed it and began using it with out any other apps open my battery would go from 100% to about 60% in 30 mins, it also caused the biggest memory leak.......

spare battery around to test it?
    11-19-08 01:46 PM
    i don't have a spare one...

11-19-08 02:02 PM
    Might be the battery...I just made a 22 min call from a fully charged phone that had been sitting around for a few hours, and I still have 4 full bars. Wifi is off, and I'm running .174

Does Facebook do some kind of polling that might chew up the btty?
    11-19-08 06:10 PM
    Might be the battery...I just made a 22 min call from a fully charged phone that had been sitting around for a few hours, and I still have 4 full bars. Wifi is off, and I'm running .174

Does Facebook do some kind of polling that might chew up the btty?

the battery seems to be working better today... i think it just needed to be charged last night. as for my os, i downloaded the .174 in the sticky, but after the update my phone says i am running .180..... not sure why...

11-19-08 06:39 PM
    It's sounds like you have a battery issue. I have a high usage BB and I was on the phone for a full hour with only a bar drained. You might see about a replacement battery...
    11-20-08 01:43 AM
    after the update my phone says i am running .180..... not sure why...
    You're just special Benz
    11-20-08 09:16 AM
    I figured... ;-)

11-20-08 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD