Hello everybody,
    I just got my new BB Pearl 8130 yesterday and everything seems to be working well. My only issue is when making or receiving calls, I constantly hear noise or fuzz in the background. Even after the number is dialed and you start hearing tones/beeps, I still hear the noise.

I followed the user's guide to change the audio options during the phone call, but that didn't help. My audio level is set to Normal. Enhanced bass and treble are not selected.

What can I do to improve the sound quality and get rid of the noise.

Thanks in advance.
    01-28-08 10:30 AM
    hang up dial again......

It has been mentioned on here before, with the 8130 and the 8830. not specifically a hardware problem but more on the network, called a fuzzy line.
    01-28-08 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Hanging up and redialing doesn't solve the problem.

I've made at least 20 phone calls since yesterday and every time I hear that fuzz.

Is there a solution?
    01-28-08 11:44 AM
    at this time there is not you can call you carrier and RIM and they will both tell you to pull th e battery and try again. But they have been saying for sometime that RIM is working on a solution. but yet verizon had no idea of the problem.....
    01-28-08 11:47 AM
    You're exactly right.

I just called Verizon and they told me to pull the battery out and put it back again. That did not solve the problem. They told me to go back to the store and have the technician take a look at it. It might be the speaker/earpiece issue.
    01-28-08 12:04 PM
    I've had the VZW 8130 since launch and personally haven't experienced what you folks are describing (maybe just lucky?). As suggested, you may want to consider having VZW exchange for a new device. As always possible, could be a defective unit.
    01-28-08 12:14 PM
    I only had it with the 8830. Not my pearl

Let us know what ya find out if you take it in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-08 12:56 PM
    I am having the same problem. It is bcoming a big downer when I am talking with someone. The worst thing is that my phone is only a month old! I am going toswing by VW tomorrow and see if they can help me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 10:48 PM
    I just started having this problem.
    it makes the noise when i'm dialing and talking, sounds like something is wrong with the ear speaker on the phone.

It doesnt make the noise when listening to music, just dialling in and out
    Last edited by Cupillac; 02-15-10 at 04:51 PM. Reason: adding
    02-15-10 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD