That's ok thou..maybe I've moved on to a new one...
    Ok..Right now if I want to create a text message I go to sms/mms, then it brings up the previous people I have sent messages to to select from so if I want to send to someone I haven't recently sent to.. I have to hit menu then scoll down and hit compose sms text. Is there away to change it so it so it can open as compose sms at the top as opposed to right now it has all these other options I have to scroll through to get to compose sms. Basically I want a faster way to get to compose sms/mms..lol! Any ideas?
    Hope this makes sense!
    07-29-08 04:57 PM
    download & install an app called Qsms.
    07-29-08 04:59 PM
    After I have selected send SMS once, my phone automatically remembers that choice and I don't have to do that everytime.
    07-29-08 05:06 PM
    or just select the compose message icon, the contact you want, and lastly what kind of message it will be.ie:mms,sms,email,call............ Honestly if you have to download a app that lets you "get" to mms/sms faster you need to read the BlackBerry 101 link
    07-29-08 08:42 PM
    You could set your sms/mms folder to a convenience key to open it quickly
    07-29-08 08:44 PM
    Hmm. I simply type the first letter of the contact I wish to text from the homescreen, press menu, and select sms text. Works quickly enough for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 08:46 PM
    You could set your sms/mms folder to a convenience key to open it quickly
    This is true. Or you could just scroll down
    07-29-08 09:14 PM
    LMAO your not gonna believe this but as ridiculious as this app is to me. I found what you need, on accadent. Go to Blackberrytrade.com on your browser. Select the apps tab and scroll down to qSMS 0.1. Its what you want..
    07-31-08 11:43 PM
    or just select the compose message icon, the contact you want, and lastly what kind of message it will be.ie:mms,sms,email,call............ Honestly if you have to download a app that lets you "get" to mms/sms faster you need to read the BlackBerry 101 link
    LMAO your not gonna believe this but as ridiculious as this app is to me. I found what you need, on accadent. Go to Blackberrytrade.com on your browser. Select the apps tab and scroll down to qSMS 0.1. Its what you want..
    Don't your two statements contradict each other?? lmao

Anyhow, I love the qSMS app!! It is simple... it is an "app" that opens the compose screen for SMS messages, just like you would do if you navigated to this screen on your Berry!!

The convenient thing about this is that it has a keyboard shortcut of 'Q' (hence the name qSMS). So when you are on the home screen (and have dialing from home screen off) you can simply press the Q button and it will take you to compose a SMS message!!

This is fast, simple and convenient. For the longest time, I wondered why anyone in their right mind would want this stupid, silly app... but it saves time!! I used to think selecting a contact and all that was faster... but this increases speed and convenience a ton! Press 'Q', pick contact, DONE!
    08-01-08 12:05 AM
    That's why it was so funny to me.

08-01-08 01:11 AM
    Mmm if you like is �k, good luck!

Dario
    webmaster
    BlackberryLatino.com

08-02-08 08:23 PM
    This is fast, simple and convenient. For the longest time, I wondered why anyone in their right mind would want this stupid, silly app... but it saves time!! I used to think selecting a contact and all that was faster... but this increases speed and convenience a ton! Press 'Q', pick contact, DONE!

Can I set one of my convenience keys to this?
    08-02-08 09:39 PM

Can I set one of my convenience keys to this?
    Why, of course

There is no reason to if you have dialing from the home screen turned off... but for those of you who do keep dialing from home screen, this can be set to a convenience key!
    08-03-08 06:32 PM
    mine has a bit where i can compose a new sms, this was as standard hidden for some reason so i had to cpress the BB key, while in menu and then select show all, then there was a button which said compose new sms. i just unhid that button.
    08-05-08 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD