Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Pearl 8130.

Here is my problem.. Tere is no sound coming from my phone when I recieve or even make a phone call. The option for speakerphone is missing from the in-call menu (when I'm in a call), and when I press the speakerphone button, nothing happens.

Now, when I play music there is sound, and the voice dialing voice comes on to prompt me. But if I say 'Call __', it does not register any noise (atleast that is what I am assuming).

What's even stranger is that, if I use headphones when making a call, I am able to here the ringing, and the person's voice. But they cannot hear me.

I have checked through my profile settings to see if it was on mute; it isn't. I have done a reboot on my phone; no change. I upgraded the software last night, and when I dialed out it was back to normail.. but then it went back to malfunctioning. I'm not sure if this is because I changed the background picture back to what it was, and the font, after the software upgrade.

I have tried searching for a similiar situation, and have tried every solution I have found.. but none are successful. Please help,

Thank you.
    01-21-09 08:11 AM
    okay i have had this problem... delete everything you dont want and do a battery pull thats what i did and it worked.... have you had problems with messages deleting on their own along with the phone call problem? if so its a memory problem... might wanna invest in getting a memory card. i did and haven't had a problem =)
    01-21-09 08:38 PM
    Thank you for your reponse ! Yes I have had issues with that, and it stopped doing that... after I deleted some applications that I didn't need.

That was about a month ago..... also, I have a memory card. It's 2GB; and I checked my memory and it's sufficient.

I don't even have the option to select speakerphone while I'm in a call. I'm not sure if this was due to me pressing a button to get rid of it or not...

I don't want to send it in if I am able to find a solution. When I upgraded the software it worked for a bit then went back to the same problem.

Any help is appreciated !
    01-23-09 11:44 AM
    I am having the exact same problem.

I currently waiting on bell to send me a replacement BB.(2 weeks so far)

although i haven't had any problems with memory before.
    01-27-09 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD