Hi all,

I just bought my BB Pearl 3 days ago and so far I am really happy.
    I have some small issues and for some reason I can't find a solution (maybe my head it jammed with all the options so that I can't find the easy way out).
    Anyway I customized my profiles but for some reason the phone won't play a sound for anything other than a call. It will vibrate.
    The profile is set up properly, not muted or "vibrate only". I did not press the #-key by accident and rebooting the device did not help either.
    So ... what is going on?

Thanks,

~Cyn
    Last edited by Cyndera; 12-30-07 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Tried some more things to fix it ... no luck.
    12-30-07 01:10 PM
    One more question:

I have two calendars, one tied to an email account that I deleted from the phone. This also seems to be the default calendar.
    I tried changing the default calendar but it does not stick.

Is there a way to delete the calendar I don' use? I tried searching for an answer but no luck.

Thanks again!
    12-30-07 02:34 PM
    Hi all,

I just bought my BB Pearl 3 days ago and so far I am really happy.
    I have some small issues and for some reason I can't find a solution (maybe my head it jammed with all the options so that I can't find the easy way out).
    Anyway I customized my profiles but for some reason the phone won't play a sound for anything other than a call. It will vibrate.
    The profile is set up properly, not muted or "vibrate only". I did not press the #-key by accident and rebooting the device did not help either.
    So ... what is going on?

Thanks,

~Cyn

SMS/MMS should have only one profile setting. I don't believe you can have separate sounds for those types of messages.

You can select profile and scroll to the bottom and select advanced to change those settings.
    12-30-07 02:45 PM
    I customized my profiles but for some reason the phone won't play a sound for anything other than a call. It will vibrate.
    So ... what is going on?
    Did you check the Out of Holster and Volume settings for the MMS, SMS Text, Level 1 Messages etc... in addition to Phone in all your profiles?
    12-30-07 02:52 PM
    Yep, checked all of it. No dice. Guess I got the broken phone again .. would not surprise me oO
    12-30-07 03:03 PM
    One last thing: Are you testing this while your phone is connected to your USB?

If so, that could be the problem.
    12-30-07 03:11 PM
    SMS/MMS should have only one profile setting. I don't believe you can have separate sounds for those types of messages.
    MMS & SMS are actually separate and can have different settings/sounds.
    12-30-07 03:15 PM
    MMS & SMS are actually separate and can have different settings/sounds.
    Thanks for the info. Sprint Blocks MMS on all of their Blackberries and Windows PDAs, so I was kinda going by my intuition.
    12-30-07 03:19 PM
    Sprint Blocks MMS on all of their Blackberries and Windows PDAs
    ahh.. yeah forgot that for a sec, but you folks have GPS and we don't
    12-30-07 03:30 PM
    One last thing: Are you testing this while your phone is connected to your USB?

If so, that could be the problem.
    Nope ... *sigh*

Anybody have any idea about the calendars?
    12-30-07 03:39 PM
    One more question:

I have two calendars, one tied to an email account that I deleted from the phone. This also seems to be the default calendar.
    I tried changing the default calendar but it does not stick.

Is there a way to delete the calendar I don' use? I tried searching for an answer but no luck.

Thanks again!
    I don't believe there is a way to delete the calendar. What I have noticed with the 8130 is that each email account has it own color coded calendar.
    I have not found a way to remove. Just don't add appointments in the calendar you don't want.

Please correct me if I am wrong, anybody. I am still getting use to my 8130.
    12-30-07 04:07 PM
    I don't believe there is a way to delete the calendar. What I have noticed with the 8130 is that each email account has it own color coded calendar.
    I have not found a way to remove. Just don't add appointments in the calendar you don't want.
    Hmm ... but why can't I change my default calendar? It just won't save the change.
    12-30-07 04:19 PM
    Hmm ... but why can't I change my default calendar? It just won't save the change.
    I can't seem to duplicate that problem. Just to be sure you went to options, Advance options, default services, calendar and select your calendar.

I did that and rebooted right way and my calendar choice stayed the same.
    12-30-07 04:40 PM
    The funny thing is: I only have one option (for default calender) since I deleted the other email account ... maybe I can create the email account again and then chose default calender and then delete it again oO

EDIT:
    I wiped the phone and restored everything but the calendar options. That worked for me.
    Did not lose any appts since I did not have any written down yet.

Thanks for all your help!
    As for the sound, I will try to see what's going on and if not take it back to the store :/
    Last edited by Cyndera; 12-30-07 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Solved the problem
    12-30-07 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD