Hello,

My friend's Blackberry 8220 had a 507 error code, so i had to re-install a new OS which proved to be tricky, and i had to use a blow dryer to complete the task.

everything is working fine, except that it plays no sound, i thought that the speaker was damaged with the heat, so i changed the speaker and the flex cable, but it didn't solve the problem.

I copied a song, when i tried to play it, it says "this playlist contains no valid songs" and it shows as only 1 sec long, on my blackberry it played the same song normally.

does anyone have an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks!
    04-28-12 06:46 PM
    A blow dryer to complete the 507's error task lol??
    Did your friend wetten his blackberry? You should never ever use a blow dryer on it anyways..
    Try everything/feature that can play sound,
    If not try re-installing the OS and double check the speaker and flex cable if it's assembled correctly.
    If it doesn't work you may have damaged the phone with the blow dryer or your friend killed it.
    04-28-12 08:56 PM
    thank you for your reply, yes with the blow dryer because nothing worked installing the os. so i read somewhere on internet that heat would help installing it. actually some people put the phone board in the oven hehe so i thought a blow dryer is better.

the flex cable and the speaker are assembled correctly.

i tried every feature to play a sound, nothing works.

i'm thinking about re-installing an older OS, but i'm afraid that the same problem would occur when installing the OS (rebooting while trying to load the OS files)
    04-28-12 09:03 PM
    LOL hahah no way you can put it in the oven or blow dry it, well you can.
    But it isn't a smart move to do so lol. It may have damaged something. You can read many things on the internet valid/invalid things are everywhere.
    Well best bet for now is to try reinstalling the OS.
    04-28-12 09:11 PM
    well i think it is, but i'm sure if i wipe the phone, it will reboot during the installation of the OS, which means going back to the start! :P
    04-28-12 10:47 PM
    Downgrading the OS worked!
    04-28-12 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD