I just performed an firmware upgrade to my Pearl and now I don't have any services available.
    I can't get it to activate.

Anything I can do about this.

TIA
    Ray
    07-07-07 05:54 PM
    Do you have EDGE, in the top right corner of the screen? If yes, log into your BIS account from your PC, and re-send the service books...
    07-07-07 06:05 PM
    Well yes (GPRS). I actually use a hosted exchange account so BES, is this possible as well then. And how exactly do I go about this?

thanks
    Ray
    07-07-07 06:22 PM
    GPRS is no good, you'll get calls, but that's about it! You MUST have EDGE. Try a battery pull, to see if EDGE comes back...

Alternatively, go to options / mobile network / change it from 'automatic' to actually pointing to T-Mobile...
    07-07-07 06:24 PM
    I'm in The Netherlands here, we don't use EDGE. Normally it says GPRS. I already did the battery pull. No change.

I would like to try to resend servicebooks, how do I do that?

tia
    Ray
    07-07-07 06:32 PM
    I am able to send sms but no mail.
    There are no message services available. I did get the message that the bb is registered to the network.
    And there are some servicebooks.

The enterprise-activation says it is not activated. Trying that gives an error and a message to contact the systemadministrator.

Is it possible to revert back to the previous state, so before the firmware upgrade?

tia
    Ray
    07-08-07 05:52 AM
    I did that myself but no luck. Everything is back but doesn't work anymore.

Reinstalled the new os, but still no message services. No enterpriseactivation!

help please
    Ray
    07-08-07 10:29 AM
    When you reload an OS, you ALWAYS have to re-do enterprise activation. So go to options / advanced options / enterprise activation. But, you need to speak with the IT admin to make sure it's ready for activation on the server...
    07-08-07 12:05 PM
    ok. That's clear then.

I sent them a mail telling them about my problems (from the laptop). I will contact them tomorrow to make sure the server is ready.

Thanks for your help already

regards
    Ray
    07-08-07 12:44 PM
    I just gave them a call. They helped me further. Things are up and running again.
    many thanks.

Ray
    07-08-07 02:16 PM
    Brilliant! I'm glad you got it all working. Nothing worst than being without the 'full' function of a BlackBerry...
    07-08-07 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD