Greetings,

I have a red pearl running 4.2.1.96 on AT&T. Whenever I setup a recurring task or appointment the reminder works fine for the first occurrence, but I never get another one after the first. Here's an example calendar appointment:

Start: Fri, Aug 2, 2007 9:00 AM
    End: Fri, Aug 2, 2007 10:00 AM
    Duration: 1 Hour 0 Mins
    Time Zone: Easter Time (-5)
    Show Time As: Busy
    Reminder: 15 Min
    Recurrence: Daily
    Every: 1
    End: Never

Any ideas on why this would happen?
    08-03-07 07:02 AM
    I would probably delete the CICAL service book, and then resend service books from the carriers website...

But, I'd check with your carrier first, before proceeding! Albeit it has worked correctly in the past...
    08-03-07 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I actually don't have any service books, it says
    * No Entries *. Is there anything else I could try? It seems like it must be a software/configuration problem because the phone would most likely not work at all if there were a hardware problem. I have factory restored it twice and it still does not work. Is there any point in returning it and trying another one?

thanks
    08-03-07 08:32 AM
    I have the exact same problem even after installing the patch
    08-06-07 06:53 AM
    I think I might have figured this out. After I updated the system software to 4.2, I noticed that I would get the message "sim card error" right after dismissing the first reminder (the only one that worked). I called at&t and they "reset" the sim card. Then I setup a test recurring appointment, got my first reminder without the sim card error message and then the next day I got a reminder. It's only been one day, but hopefully the reminders will keep coming.
    08-06-07 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD