So, I have been reading lots of posts about this. I have a couple ideas.

First... I know that each phone has an email address linked to it. Has anyone tried sending pictures or videos this way? For example (and I'm making this email address up because I don't know what they are because I haven't looked into it far enough yet.) could you send a pic to [email protected] or [email protected]? Anyone?

Second... Not sure if any of you read blackberryforums.com, which happens to be down at the moment because of a server crash. On that site someone posted a thread about how to optimize the memory on your BB. It's kinda long but not complicated cause I did it. You have the option of downloading the OS from any carrier as long as you use CDMA for CDMA, GSM for GSM, and so on. My thought is it... If you have Sprint but download and install the Verizion OS, can you then send MMS messages? I want to ask this question on that thread but since the server crashed I can't. If anyone has tried this I would love to hear from you to knowif it works or not. Once the "other" site is back up I'll post this question and see what they say.

I would love to hear if anyone has a work around to this.
    03-14-08 07:04 PM
    It doesn't matter which OS you have installed on your Sprint 8130 - you still cannot send MMS messages.

And BBF should be back pretty soon....
    03-14-08 07:08 PM
    It's a limitation of the carrier's network. They simply don't have software/hardware to make it work.

You can send email to any email address you like with the picture.
    03-14-08 07:12 PM
    This is really stupid since any other camera phone can do it. Oh well... I won't bother complaining on here about it since we all know how it is. But how about sending it as an email to the persons phone? I just found a pic I sent to my own email with my old phone that I could send MMS with and my email address was @pm.sprint.com. Could I send pics to another Sprint phone using email?
    03-14-08 07:59 PM
    I have a Sprint 8130, I found this work around when sending pictures to Tmobile, but it has yet to work when sending a picture to my sprint phone.

You can send them as e-mails to:

AT&T [email protected]
    Sprint [email protected]
    Verizon [email protected]
    TMO [email protected]
    Alltell [email protected]
    04-03-08 08:06 PM
    so you guys know if sprint will come out with MMS?
    04-03-08 09:44 PM
    I have a Sprint 8130, I found this work around when sending pictures to Tmobile, but it has yet to work when sending a picture to my sprint phone.

You can send them as e-mails to:

AT&T [email protected]
    Sprint [email protected]
    Verizon [email protected]
    TMO [email protected]
    Alltell [email protected]
    The example for Sprint above is the email address for SMS. For PicutreMail/MMS, the email address is '[email protected]'
    04-04-08 08:06 AM
    The example for Sprint above is the email address for SMS. For PicutreMail/MMS, the email address is '[email protected]'
    Yes, but that doesn't work either.

Dm
    04-04-08 10:06 AM
    Detman, I guess I don't understand why it's not working. I can successfully send a picture mail message to my Sprint couterparts (not utilizing BB's) using the '@pm.sprint.com' email address. And then recieving pic's from them, it simply comes in an SMS with a small preview of the pic, and then click the link to get the full picture.

Are you experiencing something different?
    04-04-08 10:10 AM
    Sprint.com says MMS is available for Curve 8330. search sprint.com and enter "blackberry curve mms" and it will give you a step by step guide on how to do this. HOWEVER the phone does not have the MMS option it list. Well since the forum wont let me post a link you will have to search yourself!!!!
    12-13-08 07:06 PM
    Detman, I guess I don't understand why it's not working. I can successfully send a picture mail message to my Sprint couterparts (not utilizing BB's) using the '@pm.sprint.com' email address. And then recieving pic's from them, it simply comes in an SMS with a small preview of the pic, and then click the link to get the full picture.

Are you experiencing something different?
    that works for me also. i actually fisrt did it about 30 mins ago so ill be doing it from now on.
    12-13-08 08:48 PM
    Sprint.com says MMS is available for Curve 8330. search sprint.com and enter "blackberry curve mms" and it will give you a step by step guide on how to do this. HOWEVER the phone does not have the MMS option it list. Well since the forum wont let me post a link you will have to search yourself!!!!
    i went to sprint.com, but the tutorials there do not show anything about how to send mms... please help...
    12-17-08 05:04 PM
    Just set up push email and give that email to your friends.
    When they send a MMS, they send it to your email.
    This is the way i have been doing it and i don't miss MMS at all.
    12-17-08 10:45 PM
    how do you push email???
    02-11-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD