hi there,
    i just stopped getting emails on my BB yesterday. then i received a message from BB telling me that i was no longer getting my emails on my phone (as i didn't realize!) it said i need to update my password.
    does that mean that i need a new one? because everytime i try to log in the email setup from the BB it doesn't work. i thought maybe i had the wrong password, so i clicked "forgot password" and it was supposed to send it to me again, but i received nothing.

should i simply set up another account? i don't understand what i'm supposed to do????
    06-12-09 12:05 PM
    hi there,
    i just stopped getting emails on my BB yesterday. then i received a message from BB telling me that i was no longer getting my emails on my phone (as i didn't realize!) it said i need to update my password.
    does that mean that i need a new one? because everytime i try to log in the email setup from the BB it doesn't work. i thought maybe i had the wrong password, so i clicked "forgot password" and it was supposed to send it to me again, but i received nothing.

should i simply set up another account? i don't understand what i'm supposed to do????
    This happened to my sister on T-Mobile!!! She has no idea what is going on! Please update.
    06-12-09 12:33 PM
    Have you talked to your carrier yet?
    06-12-09 12:34 PM
    This happened to me on T-Mobile yesterday. Annoying...

When I went to "Manage Internet Email" under Settings, it gave me the message, "Unable to connect to the selected provisioning server, please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact your service provider."

Trying it a few times later, it just can't get there from here apparently. The "Requesting..." bar never quite fills up and it just does nothing.

Going to have my bf contact T-Mobile tomorrow since the contract is in his name.
    06-12-09 02:42 PM
    Not earth shattering. it usally means that either your password is wrong or that the service from your provider has stopped for whatever reason (this happened to me once). Just get on your computer and login to your e-mail account to make sure you have the right password. If not, then you need to go and re-do it on your BB. If it's the right one, then try deleting the account on your BB and re-creating it. By now it should have corrected itself (it takes 20 mins for mail to start once you create it). After that, then call the carrier.
    06-12-09 02:52 PM
    I had the same problem yesterday. I talked to T-Mobile their email system was down my problem was hotmail they put me through to blackberry then talked to rim support they put in a support ticket after about 7hr they called
    me system up
    Had to do a battery pull and resent service books it worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dfw3064; 06-12-09 at 04:12 PM.
    06-12-09 04:05 PM
    I had this happen also. Here's what I did, (while on hold with Tech Supp) in which case didn't even need there help, I fixed it while on hold.

I'm with Rogers. So I go here rogers. blackberry. com/

All I did was delete the email address that was having the issue, and re-added it.

Thats it, that's all. Haven't had a problem with it since.

Both my hotmail and one of my sympatico accounts weren't pushing the emails through. But I fixed it.
    06-15-09 07:09 PM
    thanks everyone for your help.
    i called my provider and they explained that hotmail requires that we re-provide the hotmail password every motnh or two months.
    so what i ahd to do was:
    clikc on email settings from my menu.
    then enter my user name and password (*the problem was that i didn't know my password, my provider gave it to me)
    once i was in i went on validate
    then entered my hotmail password

and now i am receiving all my emails.

pretty simple in the end but i needed that password which was one i didn't know.

hope this helps others
    06-16-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD