I recently bought a blackberry off of ebay from cellular trendz and when I got it there was no sound coming out of the speakers. I did software update and all of that and took out the battery and then I read the user guide. It said to go to General Options and set the call tone to high so I went to do that and there was no general options button in my options. Does anyone know how to get that on there?

Also, my camera tone is all green and pink.
    Don't know if there's a way to fix that. Help?
    03-08-08 10:12 AM
    go to profiles, then advanced, edit active profile for phone and adjust ringtone
    03-08-08 10:35 AM
    I've done that too! The speaker just doesn't work, I don't think. Even when I'm trying to play ringtones just to listen to them, it doesn't work either.
    03-08-08 10:45 AM
    Contact the seller. There is a short timeline window to return the purchase. I purchased one of my berries on ebay- with no problems. Otherwise, google BB Repair sites. You will get a few hits. Also, the repairs are not cheap. Good Luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-08-08 10:47 AM
    I contacted the seller and they said that the manager was out of state until Monday.

I don't know if they would jip me that badly by just saying that he's out of town then when he gets back say that I didn't contact quickly enough, even when I did.
    I'm nervous about the situation.
    I spent good money on it and I don't plan on keeping a broken blackberry.

Hmph!
    03-08-08 10:58 AM
    I would suggest to go through eBay and make a dispute. Just indicate that you have contacted the seller and waiting for the "Manager" to respond. The buttom line here is to have a record of you contacting them. And if you have completed the transaction via PayPal, you need to dispute that there as well. Make sure you have explained the issues and problems and make sure you have a copy of the item posting -- Print it or better yet, save the webpage and or if you have the capability to PDF it, then do so. Always cover your ground so in case you want a refund, you have all records to show that the device is defected and was claimed otherwise by the seller.
    03-08-08 11:04 AM
    03-08-08 11:35 AM
    Has anyone else had any problems like these with their blackberry?

If so, how did you fix ittttttttt?
    03-08-08 01:31 PM
    what having options?

Maybe reinstall OS......
    03-08-08 03:40 PM
    File a dispute with e bay and file one with pay pal. But they want to take 10 days or more
    They are going to first tell you contact the seller. But when seller gets a e mail from either they move a little faster also file a negative post on him they don�t like that
    BUT DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU TO REMOVE IT First. just had a back experience on e bay and the last resort is to file a claim with the insurance company if you have insurance. Tell them you have no sound and its past the exchange warranty with your carrier. They will give you a new one or an upgrade.
    03-08-08 04:14 PM
    I don't have insurance on it though because it's from eBay. Right? It was my first big purchase from eBay so I'm kind of new to this stuff. Sucks that the first big purchase was such a waste! Haa. Thanks everyone for the help though, I really appreciate it. How do I file a claim with paypal and ebay?
    03-08-08 08:27 PM
    Just a quick question. Have you plugged in some headphones? If you get sound through them, try cleaning the headphone plug with some alcohol. If that doesn't do it file the claim through paypal, there's a link if you look around, and leave a bad eating on eBay. Good luck

03-08-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD