I have a problem with my Pearl and I was wondering if you may be able to help me. I don't have any audio on my phone whether it may be for an incoming call or alarm. Do you know how to fix that or is that something I would have to go to a technician for?
    05-26-08 08:27 AM
    Try and pull your battery while the device is powered on and then reinsert.
    05-26-08 12:54 PM
    Other than the obvious make sure its not on silent you may wanna replace the speaker which isn't terribly hard you can buy one on ebay for like $10 theres some youtube video that shows you how to take the thing apart and the speaker slides out (its on the front face plate on the inside exactly where you would think it would be and the new one just slides in no wiring or anything
    06-17-09 08:09 PM
    Hi did you resolve this issue? I have the same problem. It's been like this since yesterday. When I try to listen to a ringtone it plays but the phone produces no sound when I receive a call, text, email, or alarm... Does yours do this?

It's obviously not the speaker. But why is it doing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:08 PM
    Hi did you resolve this issue? I have the same problem. It's been like this since yesterday. When I try to listen to a ringtone it plays but the phone produces no sound when I receive a call, text, email, or alarm... Does yours do this?

It's obviously not the speaker. But why is it doing this?

try changing your profile setting and do a battery pull.
    06-19-09 01:57 PM
    It's ok now! I did a battery pull and it didn't seem to help but about 15 minutes later the audio was back...

06-20-09 01:03 PM
    I can make and receive calls as usual however, there is no audio for both the caller or the receiver of the phone call. I discovered that this happens only when I'm in UMA or Wi-Fi mode. Verify that you can make and receive calls when you're using your network provider (T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, etc.) and then verify that the issue only occurs when you are in UMA or Wi-Fi mode. If this issue occurs only in UMA or Wi-Fi mode, try the following and it should fix your problem:

press menu
    press manage connections
    press Wi-Fi options
    under Saved Wi-Fi Profiles
    highlight the Wi-Fi network that you are connected to
    then press the meun button
    choose "edit"
    scroll down and make sure that "Allow inter-access point handover" is checked in the check box.

Good Luck
    01-12-11 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD