problem with my new pearl flip. no alert tones period. the only tone i hear is for an incoming call. i can hear the tones while im editing my profile. which is the loud profile, the one that is active, but no tone after im finished editing and saved changes. so far i tried different settings holstered and un-.. i also tried r&ring the battery. my wife also has this problem with her curve. anyone else? suggestions please
    02-12-09 08:31 PM
    have you tried a battery pull ? pull it out with the phone on for 30 seconds and put it back in
    02-12-09 08:35 PM
    yes i tried that. and yes to phoneking 13 on my other post; id was editting my profiles by going to advanced. thanks for replying so quickly fellas
    02-12-09 09:03 PM
    I haven't had any problems editing my profiles with a variety of tones and mp3s. HOWEVER.. with both .209 and .222 i've had the occassion Revert to Stock settings on pre-made profiles. Only has happened once, and the phone was surely low on resources as i'd been downloading a couple of new apps and many others open.
    02-12-09 09:08 PM
    Have you installed a new application on both phones before this problem?
    02-12-09 09:12 PM
    nope. mine is new today. hers is a couple months or so old. no new apps on either
    02-12-09 10:52 PM
    I would upgrade the OS to 180 and see if that fixes it. You could also try creating a new profile and see if it works.
    02-12-09 11:03 PM
    wow it just started working. i made my own profile. network was down for an hour and a half. just got all my messages now all alerts ar just how i set them
    02-12-09 11:11 PM
    nonetheless take it bck there to get it checked ...to be on the safest side
    02-12-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD