I connected my Rogers 8220 to Desktop Manager today and voila, .293.

However, when I went to see if it was available @ RIM, I could not find it.

Neither could I find it on Rogers support site.

So I know this isn't very helpful and is probably mostly a tease, but it's available... somewhere. I'll keep searching.
    09-15-09 05:48 PM
    Cool..I'm going to search too.
    09-15-09 08:04 PM
    has anybody found it yet keep us posted.
    09-16-09 01:13 AM
    Mine worked last night, i got the email and went to blackberry.com/updates and updated online, it was the smoothest update for the flip phone yet.
    09-16-09 12:23 PM
    Anybody mind posting a link so this thread can be stickied?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 02:47 PM
    I am glad for the new OS, but miffed that we keep getting teased with 5.0 for everything but the 8220/8230!
    09-16-09 03:33 PM
    Are changelogs ever published for these updates? It would be nice to see what's changed between versions.

On a lark, I went to na.blackberry.com/updates and even though my carrier is T-Mobile, seeing the OP has Rogers, I went to the Rogers section and found this:

Software For BlackBerry� Pearl Flip (TM) 8220 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.309 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.309
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.0.174
    Software Platform: 4.1.0.58
    File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel309_PL4.1.0.58_A4.6.0.174_Rogers .exe
    File size: 88.21MB

Thoughts?

My phone is running fine on .278 but would this be a viable update?
    09-16-09 06:24 PM
    Are changelogs ever published for these updates? It would be nice to see what's changed between versions.

On a lark, I went to na.blackberry.com/updates and even though my carrier is T-Mobile, seeing the OP has Rogers, I went to the Rogers section and found this:

Software For BlackBerry� Pearl Flip (TM) 8220 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.309 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.309
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.0.174
    Software Platform: 4.1.0.58
    File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel309_PL4.1.0.58_A4.6.0.174_Rogers .exe
    File size: 88.21MB

Thoughts?

My phone is running fine on .278 but would this be a viable update?
    Nope that's a downgrade, .174.
    09-16-09 06:33 PM
    Ok, thanks for setting me straight on that. I see where I was confused.
    09-16-09 06:37 PM
    ...probably mostly a tease, but it's available... somewhere. I'll keep searching.
    Sure is, haha. Keep digging buddy! Been having issues with .180 and went to .267 and then .278 and seems like I'm still running out of luck. Lots of random reboots anymore, and trying to isolate this to a hardware and/or OS/data issue. Don't want to lose any of my stuff, at the same time not found of exchanging for second-hand phones, etc. Running Vista x64 so some of the low-level utilities aren't friendly for me and I don't have a Win32 box convenient to me which sucks. Getting desperate!
    09-25-09 09:18 PM
    The rogers update is real, I updated to it myself a week ago. Runs smooth. No crashes.
    Unfortunately, it is only available through the desktop manager.

If I knew how to package the files if share them.

Is it possible to just copy the sop loader files? Or do you need to run the install?

09-26-09 04:34 PM
    I just did this with the desktop manager, took like 40 minutes, lol.
    09-28-09 06:06 PM
    I'm finding it currently rather as stable as .180 (not stable at all on my flip...)
    ...I should let it sit and simmer for a few days...

I just wish that update didn't happen with one heck of a disaster (error 200, 504 were witnessed, as well as the flip went to some insanely weird look...pre-pearl I believe)
    09-29-09 03:14 AM
    I just did this with the desktop manager, took like 40 minutes, lol.

I did this the other night ...

I'm on the phone holding for Rogers support right now as this has messed my BB up.
    It reboots itself, dropped BT whenever it feels like it, and even won't start BT even when I tell it to.

I called earlier and they told me this isn't even the latest version available and that if I installed THAT, it would fix my problems.
    09-30-09 07:54 PM
    I did this the other night ...

I'm on the phone holding for Rogers support right now as this has messed my BB up.
    It reboots itself, dropped BT whenever it feels like it, and even won't start BT even when I tell it to.

I called earlier and they told me this isn't even the latest version available and that if I installed THAT, it would fix my problems.

Just got off the phone ... they pointed me to the Rogers.com/techsupport site where their latest is posted (just select the brand of phone and model).
    Apparently their's is .174.

I am about to install that and have my fingers crossed that it fixes things ... because right now, I don't like this phone much.
    09-30-09 08:05 PM
    .174 is a pretty big downgrade...the BB flip I got from rogers had .174 loaded on it already. Try using .278, the link is stickied in this board.
    10-01-09 07:48 AM
    .174 is a pretty big downgrade...the BB flip I got from rogers had .174 loaded on it already. Try using .278, the link is stickied in this board.
    Well ... the downgrade/upgrade didn't seem to take.
    It is still showing .293.

So far, so good though ... I will be watching it carefully!
    10-01-09 08:00 AM
    So far, so good though ... I will be watching it carefully!
    So far so good here as well, only 1 unscheduled reset since my last post
    (the other one's when I was ininstalling the app world...and then there's those insane errors/horrors... )

10-01-09 11:26 PM
    Cool..I'm going to search too.
    I have the same version as u do and when I checked for update it said no update available.
    10-04-09 10:23 PM
    Just got off the phone ... they pointed me to the Rogers.com/techsupport site where their latest is posted (just select the brand of phone and model).
    Apparently their's is .174.

I am about to install that and have my fingers crossed that it fixes things ... because right now, I don't like this phone much.
    update to .278 is a lot better
    10-04-09 10:40 PM
    The rogers update is real, I updated to it myself a week ago. Runs smooth. No crashes.
    Unfortunately, it is only available through the desktop manager.

If I knew how to package the files if share them.

Is it possible to just copy the sop loader files? Or do you need to run the install?

You could try uploading the .exe file that you downloaded to Megaupload/Rapidshare/Sendspace. One of those sites that allows you to upload and share big files. I think that may be the only way anyone could share this OS with those of us that are not on Rogers until the page on blackberry.com is updated.
    10-05-09 03:20 AM
    I have the same version as u do and when I checked for update it said no update available.
    I think I'll just run my .278 and hopefully this os 5.0 will reveal itself soon. Seems like every bb model out has had a 5.0 leaked version except the 8220 flip.
    10-05-09 11:47 AM
    You could try uploading the .exe file that you downloaded to Megaupload/Rapidshare/Sendspace. One of those sites that allows you to upload and share big files. I think that may be the only way anyone could share this OS with those of us that are not on Rogers until the page on blackberry.com is updated.
    I didnt download anything. I connected my bb to the pc and Desktop manager said i had an update available and upgraded my bb.
    10-05-09 02:34 PM
    I didnt download anything. I connected my bb to the pc and Desktop manager said i had an update available and upgraded my bb.
    Ah, ok. Then I don't think there would be any way to share the full OS. Without that .exe file there is no way to actually install it to the computer.
    I'm still hoping 5.0 pops up in the forums soon.

10-05-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD