this firmware is awesome
    08-10-09 03:55 PM
    We have four 8220's on our family plan. Yesterday I updated the last one to .278, after having run it on my own for at least 8 weeks, and the others for 6 and 5 weeks respectively.

I'm the technical support department for my household, and just to keep my sanity I only upgrade software when there's good reason. This is by far the most stable version of the 8220 code I've seen. This one's a keeper.
    08-10-09 07:37 PM
    We have four 8220's on our family plan. Yesterday I updated the last one to .278, after having run it on my own for at least 8 weeks, and the others for 6 and 5 weeks respectively.

I'm the technical support department for my household, and just to keep my sanity I only upgrade software when there's good reason. This is by far the most stable version of the 8220 code I've seen. This one's a keeper.
    Hello, you mention "This is by far the most stable version of the 8220 code I've seen". What makes it so stable, and is the battery life any better, or any other things working better? Also when you load the new firmware do I loose all my settings and programs installed?

Thank you for your time

I would PM you but I don't have enough posts yet.
    08-10-09 07:45 PM
    Hello, you mention "This is by far the most stable version of the 8220 code I've seen". What makes it so stable, and is the battery life any better, or any other things working better? Also when you load the new firmware do I loose all my settings and programs installed?

Thank you for your time

I would PM you but I don't have enough posts yet.
    The official version from Indosat is the keeper, all browsers work behind the firewall without getting prompts, Bolt, Opera is all I've tested so far. Snappier on the key punch and handles video streaming better via WiFi. If you run Application mgr and configure it proper it will save and restore your apps just like everything was before.

In other words it's an exact copy of all your apps and themes, but just a different OS. Just make sure you get the one fron RIM and your good to go.

Tried .180,.267, and .278 (Official) is by far the better of the two.
    Last edited by 8220; 08-14-09 at 12:04 AM.
    08-11-09 12:18 AM
    By stable I mean the phone just works - no spontaneous reboots, no strange behavior, the interface is fast enough, all the apps work as intended, the external display does what it is supposed to.

I use AppLoader to upgrade my phones - it comes with Desktop Manager but is found at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. It preserves all your data and re-installs all your applications.
    08-11-09 09:59 AM
    Loaded the update a few weeks ago, but finally got the nerve to install it last night. Deleted the vendor and fav-five files. Hooked it up and let the software do its thing. So far, no problems. Its a little bit faster on responding to fuction keys and for menus popping up.

Is there any list of applications that can be removed to save a bit of space?

good luck everyone...
    08-13-09 09:42 AM
    ok so im having some trouble trying to get this new os on my phone. keeps telling me that no upgrade is needed for my phone and it is running .180
    08-13-09 11:59 AM
    ok so im having some trouble trying to get this new os on my phone. keeps telling me that no upgrade is needed for my phone and it is running .180
    make sure to do this 2 things... first remove the vendor.xml file after running the os file and then prior to opening the Desktop manager make sure your pc is totally of the net.... i mean disable your lan or plug off your modem ...just make sure you are not online then run the process.
    08-13-09 12:13 PM
    every time i try to do an upgrade it tells me a fatal error has occurred.
    08-13-09 06:44 PM
    I found when i went to install this update, even after disconnecting from the internet, I had to install it using the uploader in the program files. It was downloaded with this update and thank god because the Desktop Manager wouldn't load it at all. Now let's see if it works. I was having issues with getting a DNS Error when I tried to run the Blackberry Applications World.
    08-18-09 05:54 PM
    Hey everybody, I am from Chile and my carrier is Entel PCS.

If I upgrade my BB with this OS, will it still work? What are the most important differences between this OS and .155?

Thanks,
    08-19-09 11:46 PM
    Hey everybody, I am from Chile and my carrier is Entel PCS.

If I upgrade my BB with this OS, will it still work? What are the most important differences between this OS and .155?

Thanks,
    Yes, but first you have to remove the Vendor file as to the instructions.
    This OS is more stable and things react more quiclky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 12:33 PM
    I have done everything you described to the letter and still to no avail.
    02-07-10 04:01 AM
    Crap, I did it and I had a fatal error. I reinstalled the .180 and now I am having the restart issue so bad that it will not connect at the end of the process. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-07-10 02:15 PM
    Wipe it with BBSAK and reinstall it again.
    Once it's been wiped your BB is purely blank, don't worry it's normal.
    To reinstall it, search for "Nuked Blackberry".
    02-09-10 06:14 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD