Software For BlackBerry� Pearl Flip (TM) 8220 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.471 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 4.6.0.471
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.0.278
    * Software Platform: 4.1.0.98
    * File name: 8220EastAsia_PBr4.6.0_rel471_PL4.1.0.98_A4.6.0.278 _Indosat.exe
    * File size: 85.5MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B53786A2C5FA09

For install instruction to load any carrier 8220 OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (only if your not with Indosat)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

*NOTE: If you are having issues where you see the update available in desktop manager but see a message "updates not available" on the next screen, try turning off your internet connection. This will force the desktop manager to use the downloaded install of the phone OS instead of trying to search the internet for online updates, which will stick to your carrier's specific OS. I fought with this problem all night until I realized what DM was doing during the update. This gave me a good clean install.
    07-03-09 11:30 PM
    Any major differences on this over .267?
    07-04-09 12:55 AM
    Any major differences on this over .267?
    I've been using .278 for the last 5 weeks. I love it...rock solid. Just remember to delete Vendor.xml and the Fave 5 cod file (if your on T-Mobile). If you are on T-mo, remember it's just the one fave 5 cod file that needs removing and NOT the fave 5 LIB cod file....that MUST stay.

Cheers!
    07-04-09 03:57 PM
    Argh just after I update the to the other "newest" os sure enough another one comes out lol.

I prob load it up next week lol.
    07-04-09 11:11 PM
    The only thing I've noticed that I don't like is when I select someone to call from my address book, it will go to the screen to select the number/email address/etc. and then jump instantly to my call log.

It seems more stable than .267 though. I used to randomly find my phone had rebooted and was locked on SOS, but it hasn't done that since I upgraded to this OS.
    07-05-09 01:18 AM
    So this is no longer a beta os?
    07-05-09 10:22 AM
    thread stuck!
    07-05-09 02:26 PM
    The only thing I've noticed that I don't like is when I select someone to call from my address book, it will go to the screen to select the number/email address/etc. and then jump instantly to my call log.

It seems more stable than .267 though. I used to randomly find my phone had rebooted and was locked on SOS, but it hasn't done that since I upgraded to this OS.
    Since I'm a complete newb to BB what did it default to before? I was on .180 and went straight to .278.
    07-06-09 11:41 AM
    man, i really wish there was a revision history to these things.... sometimes i wonder if any of the changes are even significant. Or perhaps the base software is the same, maybe just some minor changes for how it interacts on their respective geographical networks ....

so far, this update has done nothing new that I can recognize.
    07-06-09 02:20 PM
    I've been using .278 for the last 5 weeks. I love it...rock solid. Just remember to delete Vendor.xml and the Fave 5 cod file (if your on T-Mobile). If you are on T-mo, remember it's just the one fave 5 cod file that needs removing and NOT the fave 5 LIB cod file....that MUST stay.

Cheers!
    I am on T-mobile and have their unlimited minutes/text/data package so I don't need the fave 5 application on my phone. Can I remove the fave 5 cod and fave 5 lib cod file and still be set to update correctly?? If I don't have to put that on my phone that would be cool with me!
    07-06-09 04:09 PM
    Delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[OS]\Java\net_rim_tmo_five.cod . Then, your T-Mobile phone will work fine.

IT WILL NO LONGER CRASH WHEN RECEIVING AN SMS, but it will disable the myFaves application on your device (myFaves will still work but must be managed online).
    and

The reason your outer screen might not work (i.e. appears blank) is one of two:

1-You did not include the Blackberry Attachment Service as one of your modules when installing the OS.

or,

2-You deleted some essential *.cod's necessary to run themes on the 8220.

P.S. if trying to remove my faves, only delete "net_rim_tmo_five.cod" out of the 4 files that control myFaves on the 8220. Removing any additional *.cod's might disable your outer screen or break your OS. After doing any OS changes, make sure to do a battery-pull reset on your phone.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by felimz; 07-06-09 at 07:54 PM.
    07-06-09 07:51 PM
    same as the beta??
    07-06-09 09:25 PM
    ^^^???^^^ does anyone know?
    07-07-09 12:58 PM
    If it is the same version #, everything is exactly the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 04:31 PM
    Forgot to ask on my previous post if doing this update will wipe out my third party applications, call logs etc? If so is there a way to back them up to reinstall or does it have to be done one by one?
    07-07-09 05:35 PM
    I downloaded .278 last night and I'm already having problems with it. I followed the directions from the first post. The phone freezes and fails to go the texts messages. It comes up with an error saying something like "unexpected error rim error message application terminated". afterwards, it then fails to make calls or go to other applications. I've had to pull out the battery 4 times in the last 24 hrs in order to temporarily fix the problem.
    07-07-09 08:19 PM
    Look at my first post on this thread (post #11).

Removing the myFaves app from your phone gets rid of this annoying SMS crash.
    Last edited by felimz; 07-08-09 at 12:01 AM.
    07-07-09 11:54 PM
    Assuming install is done correctly as that seems to be the main problem so far in this thread, are there any major differcences over .267?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 01:09 AM
    How do i downgrade back to .267?

this one seems to be causing problems with my router WRT160n.

keeps dropping in calls all the sudden.
    07-09-09 02:22 PM
    How do i downgrade back to .267?

this one seems to be causing problems with my router WRT160n.

keeps dropping in calls all the sudden.
    Download the .267 OS. Install it. Delete vendor.xml. Double click the Launcher.

Edit: You must uninstall the .278 OS from your computer.
    07-09-09 02:55 PM
    I stand corrected. .267 started to do it aswell.

I changed the channel on the router and all is well again.

now I just need to talk myself into doing the upgrade AGAIN! lol
    07-11-09 09:46 PM
    in this release, when i manually type in the phone number for an SMS message, it freaking types all letters instead of converting the letters to a number!! irritating... i have to press alt+num each time I manually type a number now....

also, I'm having some funny dropped call behavior. I'll be talking, then the line goes dead, but I see the double arrow icon still on for a couple of minutes as if the cellular line is still active. I end up having to shut the antenna off via the wifi tool and turn it back on to regain the ability to make outgoing calls.

downgrading to the previous one... so much more snappy. this release didn't show me much of anything new anyway.
    Last edited by singularity2006; 07-12-09 at 04:06 AM. Reason: note for downgrade
    07-12-09 03:43 AM
    Release Ok, i don't see any difference between the .267
    Is it possible to put the Camera in high portrait, i don't like that, that the cameras always on horizontal position.
    Last edited by AkiraKarikaze; 07-13-09 at 12:11 PM.
    07-13-09 08:13 AM
    I did the update os and im guessing I did it wrong, my phone is totally nothing and all it says is app error 205 please help!
    07-14-09 02:25 AM
    Hey Fong & Nifty....

You are both on T-Mobile, so MAKE SURE you do a few VERY important things when installing .278.

**Fong....just read the instructions in this very post on how to install a new OS..... You need to have the Desktop Manager installed on your PC first and foremost!! READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS WORD FOR WORD!

**Nifty...if the info below does not help, or you can't get it out of that 205 error no matter what you try...read this post:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

"For install instruction to load any carrier 8220 OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (only if your not with Indosat)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

*NOTE: If you are having issues where you see the update available in desktop manager but see a message "updates not available" on the next screen, try turning off your internet connection. This will force the desktop manager to use the downloaded install of the phone OS instead of trying to search the internet for online updates, which will stick to your carrier's specific OS. I fought with this problem all night until I realized what DM was doing during the update. This gave me a good clean install."

Both of you also MUST delete the ONE (and only one) cod file:

"Delete net_rim_tmo_five.cod from the AppLoader device software folder: (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[OS]\Java\net_rim_tmo_five.cod)"

Keep in mind, the Vendor.xml file and the five.cod file must be deleted BEFORE you install the new OS.

It is indeed a little tricky at first, but soon you will both be pros at it

Also remember to do some searches (google and this forum), as there are dozens of threads on this very subject!

Hope this helps you guys!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Hoggles; 07-14-09 at 02:49 AM.
    07-14-09 02:42 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD