yeah its weird why it takes so long to download. i tried numerous times before the entire file came through.. but i have to say its worth it
    05-19-09 08:24 PM
    any mirror? plz
    this one is impossible to DL for me also....
    05-19-09 10:06 PM
    i can upload it to a site.. but dunno where. .
    05-20-09 12:39 AM
    05-20-09 01:59 AM
    Thx.... DL'ing (from mirror)
    Just wondering whats going on with this OS on BB servers???
    05-20-09 08:05 AM
    Works like a charm!
    Updated from OOTB .150, i feel a great difference in Speed.
    05-21-09 12:21 PM
    will this os work on a 8230 from alltel?
    05-21-09 03:50 PM
    will this os work on a 8230 from alltel?
    This is an OS for the 8220. If you run this on the 8230 your GPS will not work.
    05-21-09 04:32 PM
    So I ended up downgrading back to .259 last night. I seemed to have a lot more problems in the 9 days I had .267 compared to the month that I had .259.

Some problems I faced
    • Random restarts while chatting on BBM
    • During playback of recorded videos the picture would freeze
    • During two calls I was unable to hear the other person but they could hear me.
    • Phone was stuck with SOS signal, did a battery pull to fix.

But since going back to .259 it seems that .267 was a little smoother scrolling through menus. Anyways just thought I would share my experience, I'm glad everyone else does not to have a problem with the newer OS.
    05-22-09 01:14 AM
    Trying to install this OS. On the available updates screen it shows 267 as an available update. When I check 267 and hit next the following screen says "no software update is required for your phone." In my phones menu is shows that I have 180 installed.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks
    05-22-09 12:56 PM
    Unplug you network cable or turn off the wifi card on your PC to disconnect from the Internet.
    05-22-09 01:02 PM
    Unplug you network cable or turn off the wifi card on your PC to disconnect from the Internet.
    Is this response to me? What does that do? Thanks
    05-22-09 02:01 PM
    Is this response to me? What does that do? Thanks
    If you have an active Internet connection then DM will look for updates for your phone and it sees your phone as a T-Mobile phone and 180 that you have is the newest T-Mobile OS. By disconnecting the Internet connection you can select your newly downloaded OS.
    05-22-09 02:09 PM
    If you have an active Internet connection then DM will look for updates for your phone and it sees your phone as a T-Mobile phone and 180 that you have is the newest T-Mobile OS. By disconnecting the Internet connection you can select your newly downloaded OS.
    Cool thanks, update worked fine.
    05-22-09 03:09 PM
    Cool thanks, update worked fine.
    Good to see you got it to work. Its a great update, sure you will enjoy the performance over 180.
    05-22-09 03:52 PM
    Everything is still working fine, except having a battery drain issue. Had a full charge last night, dead battery this morning. Could this be from upgrading the OS?

Thanks
    05-23-09 09:48 AM
    With 267 my battery life is a Little better. Maybe you left an app open that accesses the internet.
    05-23-09 10:24 AM
    The only app that I tried was one of the games and I think I just 'call end' buttoned out of it. I haven't used it for internet access yet.
    05-23-09 10:33 AM
    The "end call" button only takes you to the home screen, the app would still be open. Hold down the ALT key and continue to hold then tap the escape key to see what is open. Use the menu key with close or exit to close apps.
    05-23-09 10:41 AM
    Ok, so I hold alt then tap escape. In the center of the screen I have (messages,bb mess, home screen,phone, browser). I click on browser, let it open, then close it. Then I hold Alt and tap escape again and I have the same programs open.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
    05-23-09 11:13 AM
    Ok, so I hold alt then tap escape. In the center of the screen I have (messages,bb mess, home screen,phone, browser). I click on browser, let it open, then close it. Then I hold Alt and tap escape again and I have the same programs open.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
    Those 5 applications are always running, there is no way to fully "close" them. Any extra applications would also display there but can be closed. This is the case for all BBs
    05-23-09 11:26 AM
    That's correct, the 5 apps you have listed there will always show here. This is the app switcher, it provides quick access to those and any other app open in the background.
    But they can be closed. If you open the browser and then click the end call or switch to another app, it is still open. By looking at the app switcher you won't know if it's open or closed so always use menu and exit or close.
    05-23-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks guys
    05-23-09 12:23 PM
    A Rogers subscriber here and I seem to have succeeded in downloading and installing .267 (up from the default .179 with Rogers) without (significant) issue, following the instructions and caveats noted earlier in this thread.

The only real issues were -

1/ The initial download: the original Orange Spain download link would not let me get past the Registration form, so I tossed caution to the wind and used the file share that c0rrine provided.

2/ It seemed to take a battery pull after it all to get all the 'ducks in a row' as far as functionality was concerned. Had an issue with data - none of the online programs (the browser, Opera, AvantGo, Viigo, Google Maps) could access it and ended up with edge rather than EDGE before the pull. Other minor things too, but all seems fine now.

That said, the BB browser seems as sluggish as ever (hence, Opera) but, on the plus side, some response times in the OS (say, dialing a number, recalling a name from the Address Book or opening a program) seem markedly faster.

So, assuming it all stays as it is and I get no unexpected surprises, its 'a keeper'
    05-26-09 02:15 PM
    I have to disagree with the browser being slow, though it might be my lower standard talking.

On the other hand, the music player is causing majority of my crashes now, with 4 crashes in a row from playing mp3 files in a 1.5 hour period...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit: FYI,dobly bother using firefox to dl from the official BB website, IE only.
    Last edited by info600; 05-26-09 at 08:16 PM.
    05-26-09 07:48 PM
119 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD