While trying to download .259 software I've found that there is newer os 4.6.0.267 for Orange Romania and Orange Spain Amena.

It would be great to paste links here but ... "To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts"

Don't hate the player - hate the game
    05-09-09 02:22 AM
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D281241FA66502

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.452 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.452
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.0.267
    * Software Platform: 4.1.0.98
    * File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel452_PL4.1.0.98_A4.6.0.267_Orange _Spain.exe
    * File size: 88.76MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.
    For install instruction to load any carrier 8220 OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (only if your not with Turkcell)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

*NOTE: If you are having issues where you see the update available in desktop manager but see a message "updates not available" on the next screen, try turning off your internet connection. This will force the desktop manager to use the downloaded install of the phone OS instead of trying to search the internet for online updates, which will stick to your carrier's specific OS. I fought with this problem all night until I realized what DM was doing during the update. This gave me a good clean install.
    Last edited by singularity2006; 05-09-09 at 10:33 AM. Reason: added download instructions & install notes
    05-09-09 02:31 AM
    wow, thanks!! that means it's an official release. awesome.

EDIT: I cant load it. it keeps erroring out in the beginning of the process.

EDIT2: It's loading now. it errored out earlier because i tried to remove some system apps i guess it didnt like that. but yeah, it's running through the processes now, on track to finish soon. oh how i hate the reboot, takes forever! other phones boot in seconds, why must our BBs boot so slow!
    Last edited by conceptv; 05-09-09 at 06:21 AM.
    05-09-09 05:05 AM
    Loaded it last night and the phone has not crashed through the evening. Calls are crisp and text messaging seems to work fine - although I don't use MMS so I don't know if this solves other folk's issues. But install is smooth and things are good so far.
    05-09-09 10:30 AM
    getting ready to install.... lets see how this goes!

*OS loaded : now the boot wait.... so far all smooth no errors...

well so far all has been working good i come from .259 and it feels almost the same but i do notice an improvement on the default browser.
    Last edited by DemonKnight; 05-10-09 at 10:02 AM. Reason: update
    05-09-09 09:13 PM
    Loaded it up a day ago, I was on .259 since it was leaked and never had any issues once I removed my fav 5 application. I hope .267 will be the same, and so far it is.
    05-10-09 01:28 PM
    Loaded it up a day ago, I was on .259 since it was leaked and never had any issues once I removed my fav 5 application. I hope .267 will be the same, and so far it is.
    how did you remove the my fav app? i cant find it in this current OS version. before it was an easy, cant find the option no more.
    05-10-09 05:28 PM
    how did you remove the my fav app? i cant find it in this current OS version. before it was an easy, cant find the option no more.
    When I had .259 and the fav 5 app loaded, my phone would lock up when receiving a text so I removed myfavs and never had that issue again. I removed it by deleting the net_rim_tmo_five.cod file before I reloaded the OS.
    05-10-09 05:53 PM
    When I had .259 and the fav 5 app loaded, my phone would lock up when receiving a text so I removed myfavs and never had that issue again. I removed it by deleting the net_rim_tmo_five.cod file before I reloaded the OS.
    well i been doing mms and sms messages on this version with favs up and so far no crashes locks or issues but as usual as soon as this gets posted i will run into the first problem LOL
    05-10-09 07:01 PM
    One change I noticed between 222 and this new OS is that my speed dial actually speed dials. Before, I get this stupid lag before it dials, but now the amount of time I need to hold a key has been cut a bit more than in half and dials quite quickly to boot. Awesomeness.
    05-10-09 08:59 PM
    very slow download!

update..
    cant download the file.. its ends before Dl the entire file. any ideas? i tried the romanian one and the spain version.. neither work.. can someone post a mirror?
    thanks
    Last edited by eleung321; 05-11-09 at 05:29 PM.
    05-11-09 03:43 PM
    After deleting C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[OS]\Java\net_rim_tmo_five.cod, this operating system worked BEAUTIFULLY.

It is snappy; it is stable; and, best of all: IT DOES NOT CRASH WHEN I RECEIVE AN SMS. I could care less about having removed myFaves.

Thanks guys for the tips!
    05-12-09 12:23 AM
    Ill try this version and remove the my favs app (as mentioned above) and see how things go.

You dont need it anyways on the BB.
    05-12-09 01:19 AM
    Another update. The player used to play online videos loads and is way smoother. In addition, it automatically plays videos and hides all the extra controls (play, pause, etc.) as soon as the player opens. Less distracting on the eyes. Everything is a lot smoother with this OS. Try it out with Bolt Browser - rocks! Way better than the built in browser.
    05-12-09 01:55 AM
    update..
    cant download the file.. its ends before Dl the entire file. any ideas? i tried the romanian one and the spain version.. neither work.. can someone post a mirror?
    thanks
    same here ... downloads to like 60% then quits ... very annoying

update:
    tried the download in IE instead of firefox and it worked ... unpacking and installing now ....
    Last edited by needforspd; 05-12-09 at 02:36 AM.
    05-12-09 02:20 AM
    is there no way to remove the myfav app after the install? it has to be done before?
    05-12-09 03:31 AM
    my outer screen is just white after loading this ver. any ideas on fixes?
    05-12-09 04:00 AM
    after following some steps to remove the myfav app, along with using crackmem and removing other stuff, my phone is much less laggy/slow. it's much better now!

sorry needforspd, not sure why your outer screen is white. have you tried a battery pull? maybe try reloading the OS again. make sure you downloaded a complete version of the OS as some posters say their downloads quit mid way through. when complete it should be 88.7 MB (93,076,128 bytes)
    05-12-09 04:05 AM
    I went from 259 to 267, menu is faster, no bugs yet, good release.
    05-12-09 08:57 AM
    my outer screen is just white after loading this ver. any ideas on fixes?
    There are many threads on this subject (you may try doing a search for more info). The reason your outer screen does not work is one of two:

1-You did not include the Blackberry Attachment Service as one of your modules when installing the OS.

or,

2-You deleted some essential *.cod's necessary to run themes on the 8220.

P.S. if trying to remove my faves, see my previous post on this thread and only delete that .cod file out of the 4 files that control myFaves on the 8220. After doing any OS changes, make sure to do a battery-pull reset on your phone.
    Last edited by felimz; 05-12-09 at 01:56 PM.
    05-12-09 01:54 PM
    Just downloaded, I will upgrade when I get a chance and let you guys know.
    05-12-09 03:44 PM
    Seems marginally better coming from .222, the dialing is a little faster, havent had any errors, but this is not the best os yet, they still need some improvements, glad to see things are slowly working there way there though.
    05-12-09 03:53 PM
    same here ... downloads to like 60% then quits ... very annoying

update:
    tried the download in IE instead of firefox and it worked ... unpacking and installing now ....
    i tried IE and chrome.. doesnt work.. can someone please upload the file to a mirror site .. thanks!!

update:

okay after hours or trying.. i finally got it.. trying to install it now..
    Last edited by eleung321; 05-12-09 at 04:45 PM.
    05-12-09 04:07 PM
    I just purchased a new, unlocked 8220 to run on the AT&T network. Since the operating system that came with the 8220 was pathetically old, I updated it to this version as soon as I could get it plugged into the computer.

While I don't have any experience with any of the older versions of the operating system for the 8220, I have to say that this version makes me realize how old version 4.5 is on my curve.

I've had it running for two days now and there hasn't been any glitches I was able to find (other than removing too many cod files and having a white outer screen until I did a complete install... but that's another story).

Since I was using an unlocked T-Mobile phone on AT&T, I wanted to put it through its paces to make sure that everything was working as I would expect. SMS, MMS, WAP browser, Berry browser, Data, e-mail, Berry messenger, PIN messages, and everything else I could throw at it seemed to work perfectly.

While my opinion might not be the most learned as far as 8220 software is concerned, I would recommend this version without any reservations.
    05-12-09 06:39 PM
    issue fixed .. removed an extra cod somehow, lol

so far so good. no lock ups, somewhat smoother dialing.
    05-12-09 10:37 PM
119 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD