Hi,

I just found the latest official release for 8220. Check this out!!!

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.446 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.446
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.0.259
    * Software Platform: 4.1.0.98
    * File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel446_PL4.1.0.98_A4.6.0.259_Turkce ll.exe
    * File size: 88.76MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...9F76F8A5BA6896

For install instruction to load any carrier 8220 OS on your BB:

1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (only if your not with Turkcell)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

Good Luck and Have Fun Everyone.
    05-05-09 11:04 PM
    thread stuck
    05-05-09 11:07 PM
    besides being an official release, any word on if this is any different from the beta that was released not too long ago?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...8220-a-201277/
    05-06-09 01:26 AM
    Another update eh? I'm running .174, think I'm going to wait until I see some posts regarding how good, or not so good this OS is. I may just goto .222 if this doesn't get the reviews I'm hoping it does.
    05-06-09 12:13 PM
    I am just hoping the SMS freeze has been fixed... If not, .180 it is!

Can a brave soul find out if .259 still exhibits this horrible bug/crash?
    05-06-09 12:38 PM
    I've been runbiong .259 for over a month now. I loaded it when it was a leaked beta.

It works great. Every now and again it likes to hang for a second when I'm doing a million things at once, but nothing a batt pull can't fix.

As for SMS crash, I've never had an issue!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 09:46 AM
    As I posted in the thread when this was a beta, this has been a great version for me so far. To me, it's relatively quicker than the previous OS's, no crashes at all, memory seems to be OK (not "leaking" quickly). I've had .180, .222, .230, & .236. I like this one the best, but I will say .230 was nice too.
    05-07-09 10:43 AM
    It's weird.... I used to be able to update my OS all the time but this time it just isn't working. I installed the new OS onto my desktop, deleted the vendor.xml file and went into the Desktop Manager. From there, I was able to see the new OS, selected it to install; but on the next screen that shows the components for update, it says 'no updates available'. What gives? I uninstalled both desktop manager and the new OS and reinstalled but I still have the same problem. Any suggestions?
    05-07-09 01:18 PM
    Hi from Poland,
    could you check if this OS has a Polish language,please.
    05-07-09 02:49 PM
    i had minor issue with it restarting, rarely though im not sure if it was because of the OS or my apps. it only restarted twice since ive installed the leaked beta.

i just wish 5.0 gets out soon! i just checked front page and a new leaked 5.0 for bold and 8900 is out!
    05-07-09 04:31 PM
    I just installed the new OS a few hours ago. It seems to be running smoothly so far. I've also had issues with SMS and MMS crashing, as well as my network failing and other issues with my phone, which was purchased just under 2 weeks ago. I was advised to update the OS, and I'm really hoping that this fixes the problems.
    05-08-09 03:11 PM
    I've been running 4.0.259 for 5 days now, and am quite pleased (came from .180). Haven't had any hiccups.

Happy to see that they increased the font size on the Active Call screen - much easier to read.
    05-10-09 11:50 PM
    hi
    I am Omkar from India ,I have purchased a pearl flip in unlocked condition 2 months back,it sport a .236 OS I want to update it to .259. is the installation procedure the same as mentioned above ? how should I deal with the carrier stuff since mine is an unlocked phone detects any carrier sim card. Secondly,when I try updating through desktop manager it says there is noe need of software update so can I still install the new .259 OS.please help
    06-03-10 01:35 AM
    hi
    I am Omkar from India ,I have purchased a pearl flip in unlocked condition 2 months back,it sports a .236 OS I want to update it to .259. is the installation procedure the same as mentioned above ? how should I deal with the carrier stuff since mine is an unlocked phone detects any carrier sim card. Secondly,when I try updating through desktop manager it says there is noe need of software update so can I still install the new .259 OS.please help
    06-03-10 01:40 AM
    [QUOTE=tonyc52070;2482383]Hi,

I just found the latest official release for 8220. Check this out!!!

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.446 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.446
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.0.259
    * Software Platform: 4.1.0.98
    * File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel446_PL4.1.0.98_A4.6.0.259_Turkce ll.exe
    * File size: 88.76MB

Does the Os update to .259 will solve a bluetooth not enable problem in a blackberry pearl flip 8220

This is what exactly happens:
    When I go to "Manage Connections", Bluetooth has a red X. So I highlight it and click my ball and it grays out with a checkmark for a few seconds, then goes right back to having a red X with no message. When I go to "Set up Bluetooth" I tell it to either listen or search, both of which automatically sends me to "Enabling Bluetooth..." After a few seconds, that message simply goes away and the header remains on "Bluetooth: Disabled" with the rest of the screen blank white. Clicking options and going to "Enable Bluetooth" does nothing. No messages or error reports. Clicking on "Bluetooth Options" sends me to a blank white screen with a header saying "Bluetooth: Disabled". Going to options and clicking "Enable Bluetooth" does nothing (no error, no sign anything happened).I've tried reading these forums but I can't find anything like this. I tried pulling my battery out while the phone was on/off, and it did reboot and do that reloading thing. However Bluetooth still gives me problems.
    Please help it�s a new phone I have hardly used it for two months .without Bluetooth it becomes impossible to take important calls while travelling .

if anyone knows a solution please let me know
    06-03-10 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD