Hey thanx gans1980 that what the issue was ... the ovious is sometimes the hardest thing to think of... I haven't tryed .230 just yet thinking about it tonite...
    04-01-09 10:50 AM
    what about my themes. i backed using BB Desktop Mgr and had a bplay theme there. When I restored, the theme wasn't there anymore. The thought of having to deal with bplay's notorious customer service is not something I am looking forward to.

A regular back up does not back up your 3rd party apps. Go to this thread to learn how to back up 3rd party apps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    04-04-09 01:28 AM
    Hello? Anyone know where to get the .222 OS upgrade? I am currently running an unlocked Rogers flip that has .174 on it. I am noticing the slowness as I trackball around and sometimes I get the hourglass appearing every few seconds even though I am not doing anything. Thanks
    04-05-09 02:34 PM
    Hello? Anyone know where to get the .222 OS upgrade? I am currently running an unlocked Rogers flip that has .174 on it. I am noticing the slowness as I trackball around and sometimes I get the hourglass appearing every few seconds even though I am not doing anything. Thanks
    Here you go
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/new...nguage-148726/
    04-05-09 06:53 PM
    Thanks NSZberry. Now I currently have version 4.7 of the desktop software on my system. Do I first have to remove this version and then install the one at the link you gave me? Then, uninstall the "vendor.xml" and connect my phone?
    Sorry for the dumb questions - I'm still in the early stages of my "addiction" ;-)
    04-06-09 04:19 PM
    The file I gave you is the OS itself, not the desktop software.

Whenever you load an OS you must first "install" it on a pc. After it installs, go into it's files and delete the vendor file. Than click the loader file with the phone attached and wait! Just follow the instructions in the thread and you should be fine.

This is semi risky if you don't know what you're doing, so be careful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 08:31 PM
    H-m-m-m, just tried to access the site but after entering all my information and clicking the "Enviar" button, I just get a "Sorry, you have encountered an unexpected error. Please contact the Webmaster" message. Perhaps they have removed this update?
    04-07-09 08:28 AM
    Never mind - since I don't understand Spanish, I did not understand some of the questions. I'm downloading the file now. Thanks.
    04-07-09 08:32 AM
    Can someone please post the link for .230
    04-07-09 03:26 PM
    havent really been following this thread but i thought the last two updates to the 8210 was .222 and .236?
    was there a .230?
    anyhow my understanding the last time i read this thread was that the 222 was more stable and 236 was really unstable.
    has there been any updates?
    wonder when the next one is coming out??
    04-07-09 03:34 PM
    well if you're with rogers you're not with personal argentina. you delete it because the os was made for a different carrier than you have.
    haha.. Like the answer.
    04-07-09 08:14 PM
    I tried this and it seemed fine but when I did a batt pull after all was said and done it would give me an "app error" on reboot, so im going back to .222
    I will say for the 5 mins i had it working it seemed a little faster then .222
    04-12-09 09:06 PM
    I'm trying to download this from RIM's site but it's times out around 50% done, any trick to getting the download succesful or alternate download site?

The Tmobile site prompts for a cell number and I have no Tmobile number as I have a unlocked 8220 with AT&T that I'm trying to fix for a friend.

EDIT >>>>> Got to download after several retries.......
    Last edited by eBoyDog; 04-27-09 at 11:28 AM.
    04-27-09 10:53 AM
    how has it worked for you so far?
    04-28-09 05:38 PM
    i hope 5.0 comes out soon! i cant wait, after checking out the specs sheet, it looks awesome.
    04-29-09 05:37 AM
    hey guys I'm having a hard time updating this new OS to my flip. i have downloaded DM 4.6 and also the new OS. I fallow the instructions to the last step. but DM wont recognize that i have a new update for the flip. The only thing it recognizes it my 3rd party appl. but not the OS.

i have tried everything and i don't know what else to do...please help.
    05-04-09 05:57 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD