just loaded the new update... bt i dont rili see any difference... can someone tell me what's different>?
    02-10-09 10:29 AM
    Totally agree. Every beta I've used since 180 has had this annoying 'uncaught exception' when i receive text messages. It doesnt happen after each message, but often enough. I have to pull the battery to regain the ability to use the phone at least four times daily.
    Have either of you tried a fresh install with the loader /nojvm method? do you have any 3rd party apps installed that deal with texts?

I had a problem with the external display not showing incoming calls on this .222, but I had installed that buzzme app. Did a clean install without it and problem is gone. might want to try that and re-install apps one by one to see if you can figure out what the problem one is.
    02-10-09 01:16 PM
    so does loading this version of 222 violate the warranty of the tmobile flip?
    02-10-09 07:46 PM
    I'm a relatively green BB user. went from 180 (upgraded from stock os version 17something? i dont remember...) to 222.

i had no problems with 180, besides taking forever to dial a number.

Using 222 since yesterday eve, and i've noticed 2 things that irk me:

1: it seems like it takes forever to send a text message. I'll hit send, and then it takes like 7 whole seconds before it returns to the messaging folder. i donot remember it taking so long on 180.

2: I did receive an error message causing the phone to freeze up and reboot. It was something to do with the tmo five application.

It seems most people having problems with these updates are using a newer version than what is posted for their carrier (i.e. Tmobile, on their site, lists 180 as the most current software. I had no issues with that software, however, when I upgraded to Claro Argentina Software, even though i removed the Vendor.xml file, i begin having problems)
    02-11-09 02:00 PM
    Have either of you tried a fresh install with the loader /nojvm method? do you have any 3rd party apps installed that deal with texts?

I had a problem with the external display not showing incoming calls on this .222, but I had installed that buzzme app. Did a clean install without it and problem is gone. might want to try that and re-install apps one by one to see if you can figure out what the problem one is.
    Did fresh install using JL Commander to wipe and Loader.exe to load the software.

No 3rd party apps.

Still have the SMS freezing issue.
    02-11-09 03:22 PM
    i just experienced the sms freeze.

battery pull restarted the phone, but when i made a call next, it froze on the "call history" screen, except there were no calls viewable in the history. it gave no error code, rather i had to pull the battery to get anything to happen.

Do I have to Wipe the phone to step back down to 180?
    02-11-09 04:39 PM
    i just experienced the sms freeze.

battery pull restarted the phone, but when i made a call next, it froze on the "call history" screen, except there were no calls viewable in the history. it gave no error code, rather i had to pull the battery to get anything to happen.

Do I have to Wipe the phone to step back down to 180?
    nope you dont. I just did it from .222 last night ...

The txt error I got w/ .209 and .222. Error's below, I took a pic.
    02-12-09 02:25 AM
    WOW. SO Much faster. My flip has moved from phone to blackberry, thanks op
    02-19-09 11:36 PM
    Why is the update in Spanish? Why do we have to delete random files?
    03-29-09 06:51 PM
    The update INSTRUCTIONS are in Spanish because this latest update was introduced for Claro Argentina. You don't need to delete RANDOM files, you need to delete the vendor-specific file for Claro Argentina. The rest of the update works flawlessly on 8220's from any cell provider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 09:05 PM
    So this update can be used on USA phones? I was reading this thread and seen it looks mostly for the other side of the globe. What do i need to delete and where would i find this? i would like to know of more than 2-3 people that are running this firmware with out any glitches.
    03-30-09 05:18 AM
    Sure, 4.6.0.222 can be used on USA phones. The only difference between carriers is the vendor.xml file. If you don't want the release for Argentina, go to the master download site below and get the 4.6.0.222 release for Cincinatti Bell.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

As for what to delete and how to install it, follow the instructions at the top of this thread.
    03-30-09 09:27 AM
    Thanks for this. Trying it now.
    03-31-09 01:18 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD