From Rogers

Software For BlackBerry Pearl Flip (TM) 8220 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.309 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.6.0.309
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.6.0.174
    Software Platform: 4.1.0.58
    File name: 8220M_PBr4.6.0_rel309_PL4.1.0.58_A4.6.0.174_Rogers .exe
    File size: 88.21MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

For install instruction to load any carrier 8220 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    11-03-08 09:58 PM
    what is the difference in this software then in 4.6.0.151???
    11-18-08 01:17 AM
    what is the difference in this software then in 4.6.0.151???
    I guess you can be the one to tell us. Its a later release so it should be more stable and more bug fixes. There does not appear to be any flip users on this site if nobody has tried so far.
    11-18-08 01:26 AM
    id love to be the first test subject but its not working as easily as it has for me in the past
    11-18-08 03:12 AM
    any reason why if i downloaded the link above it says 4.6.0.180 on my phone?
    11-18-08 08:58 AM
    Hello all, first post here - BB 8220 T-mobile since my company moved over to only T-mobile I figured I would try out the flip. I'm a long time Palm OS user coming lastly from a Treo 700p (Verizon).

So far, really liking the flip other than the battery life as compared to the Treo.

My question - When I try to do a "wireless upgrade" from my current OS version of 4.6.0.151 and click "Check for Upgrades" it says that there are No Upgrades Available.

If this ...174 is the latest OS, why isn't it offered from the cellular provider?
    11-20-08 11:57 PM
    wireless upgrade is only for BES customers
    11-21-08 12:02 PM
    this is the screen i got when i downloaded the os in the sticky...

11-22-08 02:11 AM

how do get this update (4.6.0.180), DM 4.7 says there is no update available for my device? my phone came with 4.6.0.174 installed already. i'm not asking for a beta link just wondering why some people get offered by the DM to upgrade and some do not.
    11-24-08 03:07 AM
    I made the update to .174, so far so good. It took about an hour to complete the whole process, I was getting a bit worried seeing the hour glass for so long and my phone not turning on, but in the end it was fine.

Not sure as to what is new with the upgrade, but I'll figure it out along the way I'm sure.
    11-25-08 05:56 PM

same here..... it's much better than the original as it cleared up a few lagging issues I was experiencing...
    11-30-08 12:35 AM
    Any idea on when they will release a new OS for this phone? Mine came with this installed and it's not bad but it could be better.
    12-01-08 08:42 AM
    Tmobile released 4.6.0.180 today.
    12-01-08 04:11 PM
    Question: is it okay to uninstall the OS system for the BB off the computer after updating?
    Last edited by strawbee; 12-03-08 at 03:17 PM.
    12-02-08 12:57 PM
    Hi guys,

I just made the upgrade of OS without a problem. I have less than 2 days with my flip and really don't know how to use it I will start reading manuals so i can make any intelligent question about all doubts left after that
    12-04-08 04:58 PM
    I was using a Blackberry 8700c on AT&T and just switched to the Blackberry Flip 8220 yesterday. Have spent most of the day trying to get this phone to work properly with AT&T. First problem I had was I could not get email to work. That was as simple as changing the pin on BIS server. But it took a while to figure it out. Then the next problem which took most of the day to figure out was why I could not send or receive MMS messages.

The information at the top of this thread solved all of my problems. Thank you very much. To try and ease the pain on the next person here is what I finally did. Not certain if all the steps were necessary but I thought it best to go back to square one.

1) I backed up up the device using Desktop Software. (Only for good
    measure)
    2) I wiped the BB by going to >Settings>Options>Security Options>General
    Settings> using menu button selected "Wipe Handheld"
    3) I downloaded the updated OS system mentioned at the top of this thread
    and followed the instructions to the letter through step 6. (They are
    correct)
    4) Once the OS system was installed I opened BB Desktop software and was
    prompted to restore. I cancelled out here and did not allow it to load my
    old information. I instead went to application loader and just loaded the
    OS system which launched by itself with some prompting. (Not saying that
    the other way does not work I just did not want any of the old information
    that gave me trouble all day getting back on the phone.) It does take 30 -
    60 minutes to update software so don't freak out.

5) Once it finished I synced with my Outlook to get all my contacts back on
    the phone.
    6) Lastly I used the advanced feature on the Desktop Software to pull over
    the items I wanted from the backup.

The phone now seems to be working great. Everything is functioning properly. The only thing that it did not fix that I would have liked to seen fixed is I still cannot setup email accounts on the phone. However, this is a small issue and you can always use the workaround by going to the internet and adding/deleting and editing your accounts.

Again thank you very much for taking the time to post this information it was extremely helpful. I hope this post can help someone else conquer this process with less pain.
    12-20-08 12:37 AM
    I have a mac. I downloaded stated app and attempted to change exe extension to alx to BB manager for MAC could may be except it but could not change. Does some know how one could install said software on BB using a mac.
    01-06-10 11:53 PM
    I down loaded said app using mac. It had ext of .exe which I could not change to .alx to try to down load to BB but could not change .exe. Does some one know how one could make it work with mac? Yes, BB now has Down Load Manger for MAC. Thanks...
    01-06-10 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD