will this work on a Sprint BB 8130?
    09-26-08 02:16 PM
    Asked and answered. Scroll through earlier posts on this thread but bottom line is as long as you delete the vendor.xml file, you're good to go.
    09-26-08 03:13 PM
    I used CrackMem and removed the carrier-specific themes. When I did that (or somewhere else) I lost the Verizon "home" theme that originally came with my Pearl.

Is there somewhere from where I can download it, or does anyone know the name of the file so I can grab it off OS 4.3 that I saved on my PC and install it?
    09-26-08 03:16 PM
    If you read the install instructions, you delete the vendor file it will work with any carrier is what I take that from.

I am going to do a backup when I get home on my phone. And install tonight. Whats the worst that can happen? My phone not work, and then I just revert back to OS 4.3, right?
    09-26-08 03:17 PM
    Sorry but one more thing I just noticed... in the previous iteration of 4.5 (.56), while in my Yahoo e-mail (BIS), when I hit delete, I had an option to either delete on handheld only, or delete on handheld and Yahoo inbox. Now the latter option is gone, I only see "delete". I liked that previous option b/c sometimes some spam or something I don't want to keep on BB nor Yahoo inbox slips through, and I was able get rid of it on my BB and Yahoo at the same time.

I tried resending service books but no luck.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    09-26-08 03:29 PM
    I'm glad to see that they fixed the glitch where the Media Player would stop and not restart when you go a message while listening to music. The Browser seems to work better when replying on forums as well. Those was my biggest gripes with .66.
    does this mean that when you minimize the browser and you are streaming music, it won't pause it? And will it not pause it when put into a holster? That was my only reason for not upgrading yet.
    09-26-08 03:33 PM
    does this mean that when you minimize the browser and you are streaming music, it won't pause it? And will it not pause it when put into a holster? That was my only reason for not upgrading yet.
    When I was streaming with moodio it still stopped when I tried to multitask. In my previous post I was referring to playing mp3s from a media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 04:00 PM
    Sorry but one more thing I just noticed... in the previous iteration of 4.5 (.56), while in my Yahoo e-mail (BIS), when I hit delete, I had an option to either delete on handheld only, or delete on handheld and Yahoo inbox. Now the latter option is gone, I only see "delete". I liked that previous option b/c sometimes some spam or something I don't want to keep on BB nor Yahoo inbox slips through, and I was able get rid of it on my BB and Yahoo at the same time.

I tried resending service books but no luck.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    I do not have this problem. I resent my service books 3 times after the upgrade. You can try logging into your BIS account and re-validate the e-mail account. You can also change the 'sent from my verizon wireless BlackBerry" to what ever you want...
    09-26-08 04:10 PM
    Sorry if I am not smart enough.
    How do I resend my serivce books?
    09-26-08 05:41 PM
    ok i've seen this upgrade on other forums. i've asked this ? & have gotten no answer. What's the difference between 4.5.0.57 and this 4.5.0.77 upgrade. I'm running the 4.5.0.56 and need to know. If there's no signifigant difference then I won't upgrade. However if there is please tell me.
    09-26-08 05:53 PM
    BlackBerry Internet Service

Sorry if I am not smart enough.
    How do I resend my serivce books?
    09-26-08 06:48 PM
    ok i've seen this upgrade on other forums. i've asked this ? & have gotten no answer. What's the difference between 4.5.0.57 and this 4.5.0.77 upgrade. I'm running the 4.5.0.56 and need to know. If there's no signifigant difference then I won't upgrade. However if there is please tell me.
    Higher file free is the one big thing I noticed. The UI also seems a little quicker.
    09-26-08 07:41 PM
    Installed this OS on my 8130 last night, seems to be working great. One problem, I'm using RIM's Today + theme which I also used when running OS 4.3. Under 4.5, if I rearrange icons on my home screen, create folders, etc., and reboot my phone, the theme reverts to it's default state. Anyone else having this problem with themes?

Edit: This seems to only be happening with the Today + theme, not the other RIM-supplied themes, and not just to me.
    Last edited by rockinsage; 09-27-08 at 07:24 AM. Reason: more information
    09-27-08 07:17 AM
    Installed this OS on my 8130 last night, seems to be working great. One problem, I'm using RIM's Today + theme which I also used when running OS 4.3. Under 4.5, if I rearrange icons on my home screen, create folders, etc., and reboot my phone, the theme reverts to it's default state. Anyone else having this problem with themes?

Edit: This seems to only be happening with the Today + theme, not the other RIM-supplied themes, and not just to me.
    the today plus theme issue is a known problem on 4.5.
    09-27-08 07:32 AM
    OK took the plunged and upgraded. Don't really see a difference, but haven't play with it a lot. However I do see the file free has gotten bigger.

09-27-08 09:27 AM
    When I was streaming with moodio it still stopped when I tried to multitask. In my previous post I was referring to playing mp3s from a media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So I guess the problem hasn't been fixed. How annoying, its the only reason I don't upgrade. How could RIM have overlooked this?
    09-27-08 03:05 PM
    Anyone else notice that the link in the first post now directs to this version:
    Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.101 (Multilanguage)
    09-27-08 03:16 PM
    OK took the plunged and upgraded. Don't really see a difference, but haven't play with it a lot. However I do see the file free has gotten bigger.

Replying on the WAP site is alot better. Memory is much more stable than .56
    09-27-08 03:55 PM
    My file free went from 15MB to 21927360 (21.9MB). I did delete a few apps though, also went back through them file free opt guide.
    09-27-08 04:08 PM
    asked a while back but never got an answer... if i upgrade from .66 to this, will i need to reactivate with BES? i don't want to have to go thru the IT Dept as its such a hassle.

thanks
    09-27-08 04:15 PM
    My file free went from 15MB to 21927360 (21.9MB). I did delete a few apps though, also went back through them file free opt guide.
    Like i stated before, the memory is very stable on this update. I have 8 third party apps and a couple custom themes, I am at 20mg free file after a battery pull, not bad cause my Berry is loaded up...
    09-27-08 04:16 PM
    [QUOTE=SevereDeceit;763182]I do not have this problem. I resent my service books 3 times after the upgrade. You can try logging into your BIS account and re-validate the e-mail account. You can also change the 'sent from my verizon wireless BlackBerry" to what ever you want...[/QUOTE

I tried this, but no luck, I still only have one option under delete, where I used to have 2. What theme are you using? Could it be theme-related? I used to use the Verizon theme but I lost it when I upgraded to this version...
    09-27-08 07:37 PM
    Are you doing this via PC?
    09-27-08 07:40 PM
    Can anyone tell me if it is worht it to go from 4.3 to 4.5. What benefits will I be getting. I already get youtube on my phone. What else is there??
    09-27-08 08:37 PM
    OK I have noticed this. When I send a pic from the Crackberry Wallpaper Maker instead of a picture I get this message.

~Unsupported Media Type In Header~

What does that mean? The picture doesn't show up in my phone. Can I fix this or is it a direct result of the new .77 upgrade.
    09-27-08 09:18 PM
154 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD