Finally just browsing around to see who's got a new update and low and behold... .173

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BE61A17&step=4

Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.293 (Multilanguage)
    File Name: 8130AMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel293_PL3.4.0.55_A4.5.0.173_Sas kTel.exe
    Download Size: 88.011 MB
    Language: English
    Published Date: 10/29/2009
    10-29-09 06:44 PM
    Please Sticky this asap. Please and edit as needed. Cheers!
    10-29-09 06:46 PM
    this is for ESN devices right? Or MEID devices?
    10-29-09 06:58 PM
    what is the software platform for this upgrade?
    10-29-09 07:43 PM
    I updated my 8130 with Verizon and no problems so far (it's only been 30 minutes). I was using .138 before.

Works:

Viigo News
    Twitterberry
    Quickpull Lite
    Google Maps

Not sure yet:

* Fixed lag when answering phone like .138 (I only tested one call).
    * No chirp during calls like .169

FYI: It took about 40 minutes for full backup and install.
    10-29-09 09:00 PM
    I just upgraded to it now, hopefully more stable than .169

I'll let you know. Why isn't this Sticky yet? :P
    10-29-09 09:18 PM
    I also upgraded. there is a bit of lag in general, but I'm waiting a few days to let the OS smooth itself out. My memory went up. I haven't tested this alot.

It only took me about 30 minutes. Probably less. very smooth upgrade.
    10-29-09 10:02 PM
    just put it on mine and it freed up almost 3 megs of memory..will test it later
    10-29-09 11:36 PM
    Seems to work great on my Telus 8130, gained some memory back too.
    10-30-09 02:17 PM
    Just upgraded 8130 os to 4.5. Incomming calls may not ring now and text messages may not ring too. All sounds are on high, checked all volume settings too. Verizon tech says this is most likely a sound component going out. Problem corrects when removing battery and rebooting ... Temporarly. Anyone know what's going on?
    10-31-09 08:25 PM
    Update: After a couple of days of use the only thing that I noticed is that voice calls sounded a bit hollow/computer-y. It's not awful, just noticeable.

Update2 (Nov 1, 09): Downgrading to .138 because this version has issues with my car's bluetooth, where people think I'm underwater or far away from the phone. I had flashbacks to my experiences with the Tour. I don't feel like going through all of that again.
    Last edited by sunNsnow; 11-01-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: More info
    10-31-09 08:35 PM
    Just upgraded 8130 os to 4.5. Incomming calls may not ring now and text messages may not ring too. All sounds are on high, checked all volume settings too. Verizon tech says this is most likely a sound component going out. Problem corrects when removing battery and rebooting ... Temporarly. Anyone know what's going on?
    Bro, I've been having the same issues ever since an upgrade past .13x
    It's seems more prone to when I it's put into my magnet case, that the sound does not return! I have to do a battery pull as well to get all the sound to come out of mute. I have posted about this before and someone had suggested that it may also be due to custom ring tones stored on the memory card??
    I don't see that as a cause.

It's really starting to **** me off, because I constantly have to check on my berry to make sure the volume is on and I'm not missing work calls.
    Seriously, what the crap is the deal here??? Anyone????

Otherwise it's a downgrade back to 13x for me, I can't worry about the most simplest important thing, missing calls!

Any insight would be great!
    10-31-09 09:07 PM
    I was hoping that this upgrade would alleviate the issue with no sound at random times until battery pull but it has not! Ugh.
    10-31-09 09:10 PM
    I was hoping that this upgrade would alleviate the issue with no sound at random times until battery pull but it has not! Ugh.
    Have you checked in your Event Log when that happens, to see if there's an error showing up. Maybe we can get to the root cause of this, and eliminate the issue.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 10:21 PM
    Have you checked in your Event Log when that happens, to see if there's an error showing up. Maybe we can get to the root cause of this, and eliminate the issue.

Yeah I'm having a look at the event log as we speak, there is a ton in here, and ironically, my volume just died on my 8130 as I type this because I noticed a call coming in with no volume, that is, until I just did another damn battery pull.

So back to the log here, I had a profile error just about the time the volume crapped out again, it is as follows,

E Profiles - AlertEngine:

Name: profiles
    Severity Error
    GUID 60e86600a0af3a48
    Time: 12:19:21

AlertEngine: PlayerUpdate - error : 5

Soo logic tells me that this is something to do with the media player trying to play custom rintones or something? That is the only thing different on my berry. But I've tried standard ringtones and volume still randomly dies.
    11-02-09 02:32 PM
    Looks like I have had that error allot here. As I scroll and scroll down in the event log, I see that same playerupdate error. Any thoughts?
    11-02-09 02:36 PM
    i know this is prolly such an obvious question, but im still new to all this and learning, but....how do i actually put the software on my phone after downloading the link above, then check to make sure its actually installed?

any help from anyone is much appreciated.
    11-02-09 09:47 PM
    i know this is prolly such an obvious question, but im still new to all this and learning, but....how do i actually put the software on my phone after downloading the link above, then check to make sure its actually installed?

any help from anyone is much appreciated.
    You'll be downloading the installer, then clicking that to install it on your PC. Follow my guide, and have some patients.

11-02-09 10:04 PM
    im gonna walk myself through it right now, thank you for the concideration in doing this.
    11-02-09 10:12 PM
    i followed every step to a TEE; or so i thought, but when i go to options>about it still says "v4.5.0.127 (platform 3.4.0.20)

did something go wrong or what?

thanks for your help.
    11-02-09 11:00 PM
    So far seems like a good update, but just did the update a day ago

Have a lot more file free with this os

11-03-09 03:02 AM
    Looks like I have had that error allot here. As I scroll and scroll down in the event log, I see that same playerupdate error. Any thoughts?
    Do you have a 3rd party player installed?

i followed every step to a TEE; or so i thought, but when i go to options>about it still says "v4.5.0.127 (platform 3.4.0.20)

did something go wrong or what?

thanks for your help.
    Try going to your home screen, hold the alt key, and press E A C E. If it still shows the wrong OS, uninstall all other OS from your PC, through Control Panel, and try the upgrade again.

11-03-09 04:40 AM
    So my the DM is now recognizing my BB. Only problem is using the app loader it tells me my new OS is successfully loaded in about 2 seconds. Not the the two hours every else is referencing. Any ideas.

Also thanks to Big Bad Wulf as always.

Pete
    11-03-09 05:43 PM
    Do you have a 3rd party player installed?

No I don't have any 3rd party player, 1 thing I remember doing about a month back is loading the Buzz Me application for the different LED colors etc. I didn't like it, so I nuked it through App Loader and showed it uninstalled fine. I also checked my applications and it's not there. However there was an app called media player in bold in the list of Apps, so for fun, I removed that and still as of this morning, I get my volume going corrupt.

the Error in event log now says

It's Error 6 and still playerUpdate - error

So I'm leaning towards that this BuzzMe app screwed my volume profile permanently unless you have any other idea? If not, then I guess it's Wipe and reload OS??

Thanks a ton.
    11-04-09 01:24 PM
    It's Error 6 and still playerUpdate - error
    Here's a list of what the error means.

Error 6 = Format: an error in the media file was detected.
    I'm not a coder but I found this info hoping it will help you find the source of why this is happening.
    11-04-09 01:34 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD