I haven't had any issues with the battery life, nor have I experienced any chirping noises. My only problem is with VZW Navigator.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 09:59 PM
    The only issue I've encountered with it is sometimes I lose audio notification, whether its an incoming call or sms. And when I go to play a ringtone, it says media processor is busy. Battery pull resolves it.
    09-01-09 03:02 PM
    I've been experiencing chirping noises, like a international call, with this build. I'm going to have to downgrade to .138.
    09-01-09 06:20 PM
    Should I download and install DM 4.7 or can I use 4.5 without any trouble?
    09-02-09 05:56 PM
    Have a question....I have a pearl 8130 running BlackBerry� 8130
    smartphone (CDMA)
    v4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51)
    My provider is Virgin Mobile Canada and they do not support updates for blackberry any other way I could update the OS does it matter if it's from a different provider?

09-03-09 06:44 PM
    My provider is Virgin Mobile Canada and they do not support updates for blackberry any other way I could update the OS does it matter if it's from a different provider?
    Instructions to install or upgrade your BB's OS. Pay close attention to the part where it says to delete the Vendor file [Vendor.xml].

I've used other carrier's OS upgrades for my BB 8130. Some were better than others. Just be aware that you will need to be ready to downgrade if you have issues with the new OS. Hopefully, you have the one from your carrier on a CD or download it from their website.

I've done the upgrade-then-downgrade routine a few times with my phone.
    09-03-09 07:00 PM
    So I am running v4.5.0.131 and it seems to be working just fine for me... what's going to be the benefit of upgrading?
    09-03-09 07:08 PM
    Some of the benefits that I have noticed.
    1. No lag coming out of stand by
    2. Longer battery life.
    3. Less memory loss. Maintaining 20374391 Bytes without reset.
    4. I was loosing audio for ringers which is no longer happening.
    5. Not sure why but my convenience keys weren't working and now they are.
    6. My phone has not frozen requiring battery pull. I still do a soft reset every couple days.

I have not noticed a single thing that would deter people from upgrading. Make sure to follow the step by step instructions so the process goes well.

09-04-09 06:09 AM
    I am not sure if I like this updated os, my browser doesn't seem to working like it did before, its taking longer to load. I know its not because of my service, so iam going to give it a few days, and see if it gets better

09-04-09 10:58 AM
    Just updated to this about 2hrs ago seems to be running a lot smoother...big jump from 4.5.0.77 to .169. Wasn't as hard as it looked for being a noob to the blackberry world! Still not achieving great file free space still getting 13079644 Bytes and will get down to 500,000 something bytes never been 20 or over

Last edited by JoshBBaddict; 09-05-09 at 03:23 PM.
    09-05-09 03:19 PM
    Made the switch from v.131 to v.169 and the install went well... don't really see any problems so far... but I guess I really haven't done a whole lot except send a few e-mails, texts, and BBMs... calls are working fine too.

I was mad though that my BerryBuzz settings were all off though
    09-10-09 06:04 PM
    The upgrade went well for me. I haven't tested it out much, but it looks as though I may have gained 3MB of memory. I don't remember the last time I had over 15,000,000MB but I did right after the upgrade.

I also had an interesting occurrence. I run Ubertwitter for my twitter app and I purchased the 5 dollar non-ad version, but when I reloaded it after the update, and logged back in, I had an ad back at the top! I'm not sure what steps to take to get rid of it. (The ad itself doesn't bother me. It's the fact that I paid to not have it, but it's there right now.)

I also am having to reregister many of my 3rd party apps. anyone else have to to do that?

Edit: All it took was a battery pull and Ubertwitter is back to being ad-less.
    Last edited by a.leah86; 09-10-09 at 08:50 PM.
    09-10-09 08:12 PM
    Does the GPS work in this version? (Without telenav)
    09-12-09 05:23 AM
    Make sure you have deleted all older OS from computer. Also don't use DM to load os that are not from your carrier.it doesn't see them. Use the loader as discribed earlier

I have always used DM to load updates that are not from my carrier, that is why I delete vendor file, so the DM will see it and it will be unblocked.

I don't understand what you mean by loading it as described earlier in the post (I see the post as described, just lost).

Why would all of the sudden this one not be seen by my DM. I have upgraded my Pearl with all the previous updates using the DM. I know Alltel is gone, but is there something special about this particular update that keeps DM from seeing it.

Just curious, thanks

By the way, I do have a 8130 from Cellular South that I am trying to update. I have tried a lot of these configurations and to no avail... Nothing! I have turned off the net, uninstalled and reinstalled. I have no other 8130 program installed on my computer. It is NOT seeing it. I have never had a problem before installing ANY updates and it is doing nothing for me at all now.

msblueline
    Last edited by msblueline; 09-12-09 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Added device
    09-12-09 07:01 PM
    I upgraded last night & my gmail addresses aren't IMAP anymore (I can't delete messages both on the server and the Gmail inbox on my handheld).
    How do I change this again (without having to use the new gmail plugin)?
    Last edited by kingb71; 09-18-09 at 05:51 AM.
    09-17-09 06:00 PM
    Stupid question but will this work on an 8120?
    09-17-09 09:35 PM
    For install instruction to load any carrier 8130 OS on your BB:
    1. Download desired OS to your PC
    2. Install/run OS to PC
    3. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader (dont need to if your on AllTel)
    4. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploade.
    5. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

I tried this, after I get to the screen that gives me 3 options to change the os, one is to downgrade to my older version, one is to stay at my current version and the last is to install the new version that I want. I set the check mark next to the version I want, and click next, it says no update available on the next screen... how to I get this update to work?

Thanks for any advice!
    09-18-09 11:24 AM
    Stupid question but will this work on an 8120?
    No it will not sorry

09-20-09 10:35 PM
    Anyone know how I can transfer pictures on this OS? I have them on my phone, but want to transfer to my memory card and cant figure it out....Help
    09-27-09 10:48 AM
    love the new OS...runs so smooth
    09-27-09 03:35 PM
    I had to manual reload my backed up messages and address book, and had to uninstall and reload Facebook to get it to play nice with the new OS. Everything else is running just fine so far.
    09-27-09 06:10 PM
    Mary all you have to do is in your phone options and move then find memory card and place them there or copy paste on your computer via mass storage

09-28-09 09:25 AM
    For those of you who experience the chirping noise, how often does it happen? Is there anything besides downgrading the OS that fixes this?

So I upgraded the OS to .169 and still have the same bs memory leak as I did with every other previous OS I had on my phone. This upgrading is a waste of time as I see no difference in any of them.
    Last edited by Brian.; 09-29-09 at 02:41 AM.
    09-29-09 01:51 AM
    I have upgraded for about 2 weeks now. I have Verizion. I have NO chirping noise, and everything sounds clear! Memory is good, as I did have more right after the install.

Everything seems to be running pretty smooth, all of you should upgrade to this version, not having any problems and nice and stable!
    09-29-09 09:58 AM
    I've been running 169 for less than a week...and I've got the high pitched chirp. I'm going back to the previous build as I didn't have it before.
    09-29-09 10:17 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD