I upgraded to .160 on a VZW 8130, and when I am on a call, i hear a low electronic beep every few seconds, i did a search and I found some results for the curve, and some hybrid OS. Does anyone have this problem or know a solution for the 8130?
    08-07-09 12:56 PM
    I upgraded to .160 on a VZW 8130, and when I am on a call, i hear a low electronic beep every few seconds, i did a search and I found some results for the curve, and some hybrid OS. Does anyone have this problem or know a solution for the 8130?

So far 3 of us on here have had this issue... Guess we all have Verizon? I'm thinking I'm just gonna downgrade again but that means losing BBM 5.0... SUCKS... Cuz I haven't had any other problems w/ this upgrade other than the loud beep/loud noise every once in a while..

Someone pleeeease let us know if you know a way to fix this... Or at least another O.S. to use on the VZW 8130... I do not wanna downgrade to .77 again because that means no BBM 5.0
    08-07-09 02:08 PM
    I upgraded to this version this afternoon and then received a call, and also noticed the loud beep. I thought it was something on their end - but I just thought of something, maybe it's a call timer? I'll take a look later....

as for different OS, I had 131 and 138 previously, may have to downgrade to one of those...
    08-07-09 04:54 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I upgraded from .77 to .160 about ten days ago. I haven't experienced any beeps during calls. (I need to find some wood to knock on...)
    08-07-09 08:40 PM
    I thought Sprint's 4.5.0.131 OS was the best on my Pearl, it handled 3rd party apps better, that's just my opinion, as weird as it sounds...
    08-07-09 08:49 PM
    I thought Sprint's 4.5.0.131 OS was the best on my Pearl, it handled 3rd party apps better, that's just my opinion, as weird as it sounds...
    Doesn't sound weird to me SD. The latest, doesn't always turn out to be the greatest.
    08-07-09 09:04 PM
    Doesn't sound weird to me SD. The latest, doesn't always turn out to be the greatest.
    I feel ya Wulf man, I have the Tour now, but learned on a Pearl and ran many different carrier's OS's as soon as they came out, I liked .131 the best, some did not, you don't really know until you run it...
    08-07-09 09:07 PM
    I updated yesterday. v4.5.0.138. Since the update, none of my passwords at internet sites are being remembered - I have to reenter every time I visit a site.

Also - when I delete an email, sometines I am asked delete or cancel, other times delete on handheld, delete on server or both. I prefer, and always had, the latter with the three options.

Any idea why the changes? How do I make the phone do what it used to do?
    Last edited by braddr; 08-13-09 at 11:43 AM.
    08-13-09 11:41 AM
    I upgraded to the new version 2 days ago and wanted to give my update.

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 on the Verizon Wireless Network.
    I was running OS .138. I am VERY happy with the upgrade to .160. After my first restart I Went from memory file free being in the 8,000,000 bytes area after reboot to now being in the 12,000,000 bytes area, which is a very good increase!

I DO NOT notice the beeping in the background, or have any problems with the sound.

It seems I have better signal strength also, then with the .138

Overall everything is running great and it has only been 2 days, if I notice anything I will report back.

One thing I am wondering is does anybody have the version of Blackberry Messenger 5.0 for the pearl 8130?
    08-14-09 03:30 PM
    I upgraded to the new version 2 days ago and wanted to give my update.

I have a Blackberry Pearl 8130 on the Verizon Wireless Network.
    I was running OS .138. I am VERY happy with the upgrade to .160. After my first restart I Went from memory file free being in the 8,000,000 bytes area after reboot to now being in the 12,000,000 bytes area, which is a very good increase!

I DO NOT notice the beeping in the background, or have any problems with the sound.

It seems I have better signal strength also, then with the .138

Overall everything is running great and it has only been 2 days, if I notice anything I will report back.

One thing I am wondering is does anybody have the version of Blackberry Messenger 5.0 for the pearl 8130?
    Sounds like you really should use CrackMem and clear out some of the things you don't need out of your OS. That's still not a lot of file free to start with.
    BBM5 is getting harder and harder to get working links to. I have 2 in my guide on the 8100 forum, and you can try Odie as well. Otherwise just google and keep trying. They're out there, but they shut the working links down fast. It's a constant moving target.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:28 PM
    Can anyone help me, I seem to have the wrong update for my Pearl 8130. I updated and got, 4.5.0.169 platform 3.4.0.51 and my pearl is totally screwed up, FB has taken over and my calendars are way crazy. Thanks,
    08-20-09 04:32 PM
    Can anyone help me, I seem to have the wrong update for my Pearl 8130. I updated and got, 4.5.0.169 platform 3.4.0.51 and my pearl is totally screwed up, FB has taken over and my calendars are way crazy. Thanks,
    Delete and reinstall Facebook, it seems to have a habit of fubaring BlackBerries.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 06:16 PM
    When installing this update DM gives me a fatal error message. I tried it twice with this one. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by bakertheprop; 08-21-09 at 12:48 PM.
    08-21-09 10:58 AM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD