Ok so I downloaded the software deleted the vendor file and then tried to do the update but although I can see the new update desktop manager says there is no new software for my device
    So thinking laterally I then performed a downgrade deleted all the pearl software from my computer and re downloaded the new update
    I still can't get it to update
    I'm using the latest version of desktop manager which automatically installed a few days ago

Anyone got any ideas ???

Thanks in advance

Ian

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 03:40 AM
    updating now
    07-22-09 06:48 AM
    Same issue here... I'm not able to get the OS to upgrade. My desktop manager doesn't find any upgrades for my current version .124 after deleting the vendor file and installing the OS file. Any pointers will be appreciated.
    07-23-09 01:40 PM
    Same issue here... I'm not able to get the OS to upgrade. My desktop manager doesn't find any upgrades for my current version .124 after deleting the vendor file and installing the OS file. Any pointers will be appreciated.
    hi i just downloaded this os onto my wifes phone, the trick is to not even use the desktop manager, just follow the directions from the first post and use the apploader this always works like a charm...the same way i update my os for my 8900 take your time and it will work out.
    07-24-09 05:57 PM
    Lol I finally got it to upgrade but I don't recommend anyone to use the method I ended up using but if your interested I'll add it here

1 download new os

2 install new os to pc

3 delete vendor file as described

4 back up your blackberry

5 whilst backing up your blackberry somehow cause your laptop to crash causing (a) you to have to restart your laptop and (b) your blackberry to crash too

6 have a huge childish tantrum because your whole life just vanished with your now dead blackberry

7 search crackberry for how to save your blackberry

8 follow the instructions and reinstall the os (I chose to use the new os I was originally trying to upgrade to)

9 re install all the applications your phone has lost

10 breathe a sigh of relief and vow to never mess with your blackberry's os ever again ............. At least until the next must have os gets released or leaked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 05:21 AM
    Umm just one small noobish question =] Will this be the last update?
    07-26-09 08:43 PM
    Umm just one small noobish question =] Will this be the last update?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...-162-a-264086/ unfortunately not, ..
    07-26-09 08:53 PM
    Like others, I still can't upgrade to .161 (or .162 for that matter). It shows up on DM, but when I select it and hit "Next", it runs and then says "No software update is required for your device". I'm currently on .110 if that matters any.
    07-26-09 10:10 PM
    you don't use the DM, to upgrade, just follow first post, find the location where the vendor.xml is and delete that, and launch the loader.exe file even better ... i use this ... as the pearl's space is precious.
    07-26-09 10:17 PM
    That's the thing, I'm pretty sure I followed the first post.

1. Downloaded file to PC
    2. Run file to install to PC
    3. Delete vendor file
    4. Connected my phone, ran DM. Nothing pops up, clickd App Loader, it runs, scans, and shows me .110 (Current) and .162. I click .162 and hit "Next". It runs, stops, then it says "No software update is required for your device". This is where I'm stuck at.
    07-26-09 10:26 PM
    That's the thing, I'm pretty sure I followed the first post.

1. Downloaded file to PC
    2. Run file to install to PC
    3. Delete vendor file
    4. Connected my phone, ran DM. Nothing pops up, clickd App Loader, it runs, scans, and shows me .110 (Current) and .162. I click .162 and hit "Next". It runs, stops, then it says "No software update is required for your device". This is where I'm stuck at.
    from other forum, this is what I normally do as well

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
    07-26-09 10:32 PM
    Ok, that helps a lot. Thank you very much, currently running that as I type this.
    07-26-09 10:39 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD