From Rogers

FINALLY! Haven't downloaded it yet. Slow download speed at work. I'm going to grab it tonight!

https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareD...ient=biERdLcdT

Software For BlackBerry� Pearl (TM) 8110 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.139 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.139
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.102
    Software Platform: 2.7.0.85
    File name: 8110M_PBr4.5.0_rel139_PL2.7.0.85_A4.5.0.102_Rogers .exe
    File size: 83.03MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

For install instruction to load any carrier 8110 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader if the OS is not from your carrier.
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    Last edited by Garz; 11-24-08 at 05:31 PM. Reason: add install directions
    11-24-08 01:09 PM
    Rogers is a Canadian company.
    11-24-08 03:52 PM
    LOL! You're right. Hopefully, a mod can change my dumb title.

I was running out when I posted this, and confused North America the continent with America the country.

In any event, installed the OS. I'm hoping the GPS works better. Worked good in .93, hardly worked at all in .99.

I'll have to go outside and test it.
    11-24-08 03:56 PM
    Works good for me so far. Connects to the network a lot which causes lag the first few minutes after startup but after that its fine. I lost the task book and brick breaker though. Anyone know how to get them back?
    11-24-08 05:13 PM
    thread stickied and added install instructions
    11-24-08 05:35 PM
    Finally, 102 are released!
    But if the eastasia language is included this time?
    11-24-08 11:43 PM
    so far everything is fine, except my browser is gone... um, i want it back! how!?
    11-25-08 01:38 AM
    so far everything is fine, except my browser is gone... um, i want it back! how!?
    Have you tried to re-register the device? Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register now
    11-25-08 01:41 AM
    yes, i have, but it's still not showing up... when i look at the applications list in apploader in the device manager it's there and checked, but it's not on my device...

edit: well, after an hour of it being MIA, i decided to look again and it was there. maybe the registration just took a REALLY long time..?? thanks for the quick response, however.
    Last edited by Randon; 11-25-08 at 02:10 AM.
    11-25-08 01:56 AM
    [QUOTE=Randon;1041828]yes, i have, but it's still not showing up... when i look at the applications list in apploader in the device manager it's there and checked, but it's not on my device...

edit: well, after an hour of it being MIA, i decided to look again and it was there. maybe the registration just took a REALLY long time..?? thanks for the quick response, however.[/QUOTE]

When you re-register your device, it can take up to 20 minutes for it to register properly.
    11-25-08 02:24 AM
    thanks for your help. i tend to get paranoid when it comes to my precious BB..
    11-25-08 02:36 AM
    Hi guys, did you see any options about Chinese language in install pop window? hope it can support Chinese and sometimes I need type Chinese. thanks a million.
    11-25-08 03:12 AM
    Hi guys, did you see any options about Chinese language in install pop window? hope it can support Chinese and sometimes I need type Chinese. thanks a million.
    Yes, there is China listed.
    11-27-08 08:05 PM
    Yes, there is China listed.
    Thank Samlee.

I downloaded this revision and didn't find "Chinese" in "Choose setup Language" pop windows. seems I have to wait for eastasia revision.

Anyway, thanks a lot again.
    11-28-08 06:51 AM
    My phone was in the middle of upgrading and i got a fatal error now it wont boot up, all it does is the red LED flashs twice every few seconds, desktop software wont pick it up when I plug it in. Anyone know what to do please help!
    11-28-08 09:56 PM
    Reply to #15,

WIPE and re-install rom.
    11-28-08 11:06 PM
    Thank Samlee.

I downloaded this revision and didn't find "Chinese" in "Choose setup Language" pop windows. seems I have to wait for eastasia revision.

Anyway, thanks a lot again.
    It was under Republic of China or something like that.
    11-29-08 10:46 AM
    hi all.

I've downloaded the new OS for my 8110 to my PC but I'm wondering if it's something I should do at all...my BB works great, no complaints with anything. Should I just leave well enough alone or go ahead and follow the instructions and upgrade? Not really one who messes with stuff like this but certainly want all the bells and whistles I can get for my money! What are the major differences? I'm running .93.

Thanks!
    11-29-08 11:21 AM
    Anybody know how to get 4.5.0.102 for the 8310?
    12-04-08 08:49 AM
    Anybody know how to get 4.5.0.102 for the 8310?
    Yes, pm me
    12-05-08 10:26 AM
    I can't tell you how excited I am that the latest release is out....HOWEVER,

I recently purchased the 8110 (used to have the 8100), and began going through the process of updating the device software (i frequently updated my 8100 as well). Everything was backed up and seemed to be working fine until everything was erased and only the system files were loaded.... I then received an error message notifying me that the device cannot be initialized. It gave me the infamous red light (no white screen, just a red light that kept re-booting)

Here's the problem,

I know how to restore my BB, as I just did, but this very thing happens EVERY TIME i try to upgrade from the standard 4.3!

What do I do? This is annoying!!!! ALL I WANNA DO IS UPGRADE!

Thanks guys!

e-mail: [email protected]
    12-07-08 05:47 PM
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file?
    12-09-08 12:38 AM
    does anyone have any solutions to the myspace app icon not showin on the home screen It did for a while and then I got a exception error and deleted it and re-downloaded it and the icon wouldn't show on the home screen I have tried un-instaling and re-instaling and that dosen't work I have tried the obvious and clicked show all and it isent there either it shows that it's on my phone, but the icon isn't on my desktop...PLEASE does anyone have any solutions to this freakin problem it's driving me insane!
    12-10-08 12:25 PM
    Question.
    I just downloaded this update and it installed fine but it wont seem to get brought up once my desktop software searches for new updates?? Anyone know the reason, I am on AT&T but it is a Rogers update, would that really make a difference? This is my friends pearl.
    Thanks
    12-12-08 07:27 PM
    Tried updating my wife's Pearl today from 4.5.0.82. The Desktop Manager will not recognize there is a new update. I deleted the vendor file just like I am supposed to. Wierd problem. Not sure what else to try. Never had a problem updating either Pearl or my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD