BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.306 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.306
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.182
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.106
    * File name: 8100M_PBr4.5.0_rel306_PL2.7.0.106_A4.5.0.182_AT_am p_T.exe
    * File size: 93.13MB

NOTE: On the first screen you have to select the appropriate phone (Pearl 8100), and click the "Next" button. The newest OS is the first one to come up on the list which appears. (First is the multilanguage, second is the east asian)

It seems that they have rolled back the software platform from 108 to 106, even though the OS is upgraded.

Download Software

Upgrade Guide
    01-28-10 07:17 AM
    good info,i love this
    02-03-10 12:47 AM
    I have been running this OS for a couple of weeks now and the only thing I am having issues with is battery life. Can't get a full day out of it anymore. The only new app is BerryJoose. Little app but maybe bringing my battery down.
    02-03-10 08:45 AM
    Had an interesting issue when I tried to update the OS. I've updated the OS many times without issue, but this time around the Loader gave me an error that it couldn't write the backed up applications to the phone. After that, the phone was usable, but was missing icons, etc. (even after using Desktop Manager to load the backup files to the phone).

Ended up having to d/l my providers latest OS, flash it with that (to restore all programs) and then I ended up flashing to 181...I'll wait for the next OS release to try to upgrade again.
    02-08-10 09:00 AM
    been running this for about 2 weeks now seems stable most of the time, but every now and again I get a strange memory leak that gets cured by a battery pull. usually I run at about 17mb file free but when the problem happens I drop down to about 9-10mb in an hour, do a pull and its golden for like 4 days.....strange but it'll work for another month until I get my 9700
    02-11-10 09:16 PM
    OS .182 is a complete disaster in my opinion, i cannot get a decent day of battery life anymore. To be honest, all you crackberry users out there i recommend that you stick with OS .181 . I'm now waiting patiently for the next release.
    02-15-10 01:46 AM
    I personally haven't seen any real change in battery usage since going to .182 - it's no better or worse... I get basically the same usage out of this three year old battery. I could probably drain it down anywhere from a half to a quarter juice left with about a half-hour worth of browsing, but that's been the case since this thing was new. So, just by habit, I plug this thing in anytime I'm either at my work computer or near the wall charger at home.
    02-15-10 08:03 AM
    Help Needed
    I have an unlocked 8100 so can i upgrade my OS or it will get lock???
    plz reply...
    02-23-10 12:48 PM
    Help Needed
    I have an unlocked 8100 so can i upgrade my OS or it will get lock???
    plz reply...
    An unlock is irreversible, so it will stay unlocked.
    02-26-10 09:59 AM
    i been using this OS for 24 hours.
    i installed it with same methods like i did with my last .181
    abit modifications in Java folder.

i deleted many .cod files to gain some free mem.
    such as :
    vad, password_keeper, all default IM, 3 default themes, standart ring tones, word to go, slide to go, t-mo five dan doc to go.

Offline install all aplications.
    BBM. YM, FB, Uber, Control BB Panel, Force radio On, Gmap, File Scout and 1 theme.
    i got 24MB Free mem after finish with all those aplications and my datas.

After 24 hours.
    with above my normal usage whole day. to test batery life and browsing speed.
    now my battery still 35%.
    i can say its bettr than my .181

and my free mem 13,4 MB.

some error(s) i found in event log is:
    E profiles - AlertEnginelayerUpdate - error 5
    Serevity: Error
    *every 1-5 minutes

E net.rim.gme - REto
    Serevity: Error
    (and REgf)

i still try find what is all about.
    may be related to default ring tones, because i deleted it all and use my own from MMC.

Overall.. its good...... (so far)
    02-28-10 05:54 PM
    I had some troubles finding this file from RIM's website.

Here is a mirror: mediafire.com / ?y2gynfmjini
    For: 8100EastAsia_PBr4.5.0_rel306_PL2.7.0.106_A4.5.0.18 2_AT_amp_T.exe
    03-02-10 08:48 AM
    I had some troubles finding this file from RIM's website.
    Did you click on the download link in the first post? It goes right to the carrier specific location on the BB site. You have to select the device too, after you get there - the Pearl 8100.
    03-02-10 11:44 AM
    help needed, im looking for an O.S that has arabic input language.......any help
    03-04-10 01:23 PM
    Anyone have any major issues with this OS?

Is it worth it or should we wait for the next one?
    04-08-10 09:44 PM
    I loaded it up on a red pearl 8100 that I keep around for fun and have been getting tons of hourglass with this release. I'm not actively involved with BB anymore, so I probably won't be putting much time into figuring out why or trying to roll back, etc. but I wanted to pass along my experience.
    04-11-10 09:48 AM
    I loaded it up on a red pearl 8100 that I keep around for fun and have been getting tons of hourglass with this release. I'm not actively involved with BB anymore, so I probably won't be putting much time into figuring out why or trying to roll back, etc. but I wanted to pass along my experience.
    How long after the upgrade were you getting the hourglass? It is very typical that for a few hours after an upgrade, the phone will be slower/less responsive. I usually try to do an upgrade in the evening and let the phone sit overnight. By morning, everything is fine.
    04-17-10 01:52 PM
    wow cool great job
    06-28-13 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD